IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The War on Christmas edit added anothe quote
was started by the christians.
. In 1647, the Puritan-led English Parliament banned the celebration of Christmas, replacing it with a day of fasting and considering it "a popish festival with no biblical justification", and a time of wasteful and immoral behavior.
http://en.wikipedia....versy#Puritan_era
Historian Stephen Nissenbaum contends that the modern celebration in the United States was developed in New York State from defunct and imagined Dutch and English traditions in order to refocus the holiday from one where groups of young men went from house to house demanding alcohol and food into one centered on the happiness of children. He notes that there was deliberate effort to prevent the children from becoming greedy in response.
maybe we should show up to Bill O'Reilly's house with empty tankards
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
Expand Edited by boxley Dec. 24, 2013, 10:42:56 AM EST
New And because we screwed up that last part ...
The Krampus is making a comeback.
--

Drew
New Boy, did we EVER screw up 'that last part'!
Ever talk to the offspring of über-rich parents?
(The parents may well have counseled otherwise--in words--to kid ... but seemingly their actions all along taught the message of: Me/Nobility.)

..and they go out and emulate Wall Street--the movie. Becoming the next Generation of Vipers.
New Not their fault. They have affluenza.
New The Christians stole the holiday from the Pagans.
The Pagans have taken it back. The wild Saturnalia starts on the 17th (only 8 more shopping days until Christmas!) and leads up to the more solemn Sol Invictus on the 25th. So, Happy Sol Invictus, everyone!
New So, the Incas had it right!
It's not good to be a llama during the Inti Raymi. :)
Alex
New And to you, and everyone as well. I hope it's a good one.
     The War on Christmas - (drook) - (16)
         The War on Christmas edit added anothe quote - (boxley) - (6)
             And because we screwed up that last part ... - (drook) - (2)
                 Boy, did we EVER screw up 'that last part'! - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Not their fault. They have affluenza. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             The Christians stole the holiday from the Pagans. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 So, the Incas had it right! - (a6l6e6x)
                 And to you, and everyone as well. I hope it's a good one. -NT - (Another Scott)
         They're running out of things to "war on" about. - (Another Scott) - (8)
             Ahem, - (boxley) - (7)
                 Of course. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     It is perfectly fine... - (folkert) - (5)
                         why do you describe a bunch of comments that reflect my view - (boxley) - (4)
                             Fine. -NT - (folkert) - (3)
                                 I'm going to update this software - (malraux) - (2)
                                     don't bother, time for me to grow up and ignore folks - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Kidding more than anything - (malraux)

We are the superior beings!
99 ms