IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sprint considering purchase of T-Mobile in US.
http://www.macrumors...bile-us-purchase/

Interesting.

If it speeds the deployment of LTE on their networks, it'll be a good thing. And AT&T and Verzion need more competition.

Cheers,
Scott.
New wouldn't be the first time
they almost did a deal in 2004-5
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New SoftBank's deep pockets should make it easier now.
SoftBank seems to realize that they need to spend the time and the money to make Sprint a player. The guy at the helm there turned around Vodafone's Japan group after SoftBank bought it.

http://www.reuters.c...BRE98T18D20130930

Some are comparing this to Verizon's AT&T's attempt to buy T-Mobile. It's completely different because Verizon AT&T was already huge, and because both were GSM. Sprint is transitioning to LTE (as is T-Mobile) and is much smaller - they won't have much market power for years.

T-Mobile's management seems to be much more consumer friendly than Sprint's at the moment, but SoftBank shouldn't let Sprint's history decide who runs things in the merged operation. I expect they'll keep a close eye on the company, and not assume the guys in Kansas are the best people to run things.

But we'll see. It might just be people spitballing at the moment (though Deutsche Telecom's apparent desire to exit T-Mobile makes it a compelling story).

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Dec. 14, 2013, 04:44:30 PM EST
New douche telecomm has been trtying to exit tmobile for years
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Re: "both were GSM"
Nein, or at least not quite. Verizon has been CDMA. Now LTE that everyone is transitioning to is derived from GSM.
Alex
New Ack. Thanks for catching that. AT&T tried to eat T-Mobile.
New AT&T is so far behind...
on infrastructure they need to spend billions... in fact so much more that they can't really do it.

They used to be buying cellular providers and their networks to increase coverage and "throughput"... but they did it wrong.

They need to spend an inordinate amount of money to catch up to where Verizon really is and T-MOBILE WOULD HAVE TAKEN THEM FURTHER BEHIND IN 2004-5.

Now sprint is eeeking out a living and needs to do something to step up.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
     Sprint considering purchase of T-Mobile in US. - (Another Scott) - (6)
         wouldn't be the first time - (boxley) - (5)
             SoftBank's deep pockets should make it easier now. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 douche telecomm has been trtying to exit tmobile for years -NT - (boxley)
                 Re: "both were GSM" - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Ack. Thanks for catching that. AT&T tried to eat T-Mobile. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         AT&T is so far behind... - (folkert)

This is nothing compared to Grand Theft Auto III, because you can't steal a taxi cab, pick up somebody, then drive into the ocean with him.
90 ms