IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New New toy: LG 50PN6500
http://www.bhphotovi...0p_plasma_tv.html

We paid $649 with free shipping - it's a little cheaper now.

(We'd been eyeing the Panasonic 50ST60 for a long time, but it wouldn't drop below $998 or so (and was often ~ $1400 when it was out of stock at Amazon) - often plus shipping. We couldn't justify the price even though it's a great set.)

We ordered it 12/5, and it was delivered 12/10. The box had no damage and there was no damage to the set. I let it warm up a few hours, then assembled the stand and turned it on. It works well.

It's not a fancy set, but it has a very nice picture. The reflectivity of the screen is a little higher than our older Panasonic 42GT25 plasma set, but I don't find it objectionable. (We only use the set after work and have floor lamps that don't directly reflect from it.) I don't miss the built-in "smart TV" or 3D features - we've never used them on our 42GT25.

It has 2 HDMI inputs. We're using one with our cable box, and I hooked the other up to a Chromecast that we got today. It works very well with YouTube and Google Play Music. I haven't tried anything else with it yet (we don't have NetFlix or the like yet).

I assume Chromecast will only get better. I haven't figured out whether it's possible to cast a Chrome tab on Android - it's not obvious. It's seemingly trivial to do so from the extension on the Chrome browser on Winders. There seem to be apps on the Play Store that let one cast local files, but I haven't played with any of them yet.

Cheers,
Scott.
New decent set, great for hockey
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     New toy: LG 50PN6500 - (Another Scott) - (1)
         decent set, great for hockey -NT - (boxley)

We need to drill for VASELINE in ALASKA!
59 ms