IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting comment on todays Israel
the last paragraph is very interesting as well as my own belief
[link|http://www.WorldNetDaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23925|http://www.WorldNet...CLE_ID=23925]
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Never happen
To allow the building of a new temple on the temple mound would be a rejection of fundamental Muslim beliefs. It would be much the same as Jews agreeing to worship another god for the sake of peace.

A stable political accord between the Palestine people and Israel is remotely possible. But there will never be religious compatibility without changing one or both of the two religions involved.

In any case, I don't think peace is very likely right now because neither side is willing to reign in their radical fringe. And both sides have an active radical fringe that is intentionally trying to provoke violence.

Jay
New Re: Never happen
It's not the religions that are not compatible, it's some of the fricken followers! For the Boolean logic disadvantaged: The religions can coexist, some of followers of each cannot tolerate the presence of the other.

The zealots on both side, political leaders included, are pouring gas on the fire. Each is terrorizing the other. If only the zealots on both sides were annihilated, it would be a good thing. But, that's not what's happening. The killing is indiscriminate. The middle ground permitting peace has vanished. The situation is truly hopeless.
Alex

Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not certain about the universe.
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
New And it isn't as if.. we hadn't been Here before, either.
It remains er 'socially acceptable' (?) generally - to go around saying,

Mine! is the One True Religion / POV / Revealed (to *me*!!) Truth. Naturally from such a common mindset, still inculcated into the little Cheeldrun:

All those wronged ('cause they be Wrong! natch - ah it's such a lovely circle; a pinnacle of carbon-unit 'thought' through the eons) - become weary of the perpetual condescension from the anointed and otherwise.. sanctimonious twits of the Other Pure-Truth, or was that puerile?

10 And.
20 So.
30 It.
40 Goes.
Jump direct to 10 ;do not pass GO. do not *Think*. Emote. Kill.

(Now stir in satellites, nukes and Tee Vee preachers, into mentations frozen in the iron age) and watch CNN.

And we call this sentience?
New In the Koran
I believe that it is stated that Christians and Jews should be respected - as "children of the Book".

IIRC, all three religions are offshoots of the same faith - all worshipping "He who must not be named".

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait

• Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
New Respect is too strong a word
The Koran does say that 'people of the book' should be treated better then others. But that is only in comparison to Hindus, Pagans and atheists, who are to given a choice between death and conversion.

There are some passages in the Koran that suggest dealing with Jews and Christians, such as this.

"Dispute not with the People of the Book
save in the fairer manner, except for
those of them that do wrong; and say,
We believe in what has been sent down
to us, and what has been sent down to you:
Our God and your God is One, and to Him
we have surrendered."

But for every such quote there is one like this.

"The unbelievers of the People of the Book
and the idolaters shall be in the Fire of Hell
therein dwelling for ever;
those are the worst of creatures. "

Here are two quotes from the Koran which specify that Muslims can not be friends with anybody that is not a Muslim, including Jews and Christians.

"O believers, take not as your friends those
of them, who were given the Book before you,
and the unbelievers, who take your religion
in mockery and as a sport "

"O believers, take not Jews and Christians
as friends; they are friends of each other.
Whoso of you makes them his friends
is one of them "

And here are two quotes where the Koran rejects fundamental principles of Christianity and Judaism.

"for their saying, "We slew the Messiah,
Jesus son of Mary, the Messenger of God."
Yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him,
only a likeness of that was shown them"

"No: Abraham in truth was not a Jew,
neither a Christian; but he was a Muslim
and one pure of faith; certainly he was never
of the idolaters."

The end result is that the Muslim faith tells it's followers to tolerate Christians and Jews as second class citizens, as long as they do nothing to anger the Muslims and pay their heavy taxes (jizya) on time.

Jay
New Hmm.
I guess my buddy is a heretic, then. His teacher hasn't told him to drop his Christian friends, either. He took the Islam (I think that's what it's called) two (three?) years ago.

The unbelievers of the People of the Book
and the idolaters shall be in the Fire of Hell
therein dwelling for ever;
those are the worst of creatures.

That does not seem to imply all Jews and Christians will dwell in the Fire of Hell forever, just that Jewish and Christian unbelievers are as bad as idolaters.
O believers, take not as your friends those
of them, who were given the Book before you,
and the unbelievers, who take your religion
in mockery and as a sport

Ok. Sounds bad... but it also sounds like a warning not to befriend "those who were given the Book before you", if they are going to try and persuade you out of following Mohammed. That's what that sounds like, to me, anyway.
O believers, take not Jews and Christians
as friends; they are friends of each other.
Whoso of you makes them his friends
is one of them

Fine, again - but there is still no hostility, IMO. Nothing to prevent peaceful coexistence.
The end result is that the Muslim faith tells it's followers to tolerate Christians and Jews as second class citizens, as long as they do nothing to anger the Muslims and pay their heavy taxes (jizya) on time.

Heh. Still, there's a basis for some form of coexistence there.

As I recall, before Israel was re-created by the West after WWII, Jews and Christians were freely permitted to make the pilgrimmage to the holy places, no? Somehow, I don't think the Christians would have done the same - nor do I see any better in Jerusalem in the present. Aren't the Muslims there 'second class citizens'? In the 'occupied territories', aren't people being actively displaced in favor of Jews? Forced from thier homes?

I have a feeling that any lasting peace is likely to be more rooted in Muslim tolerance rather than Christian brotherly love or Jewish compromise.

Imric's Tips for Living

• Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
New Huh? Jerusalem is Israeli owned and operated
and the Dome of the rock is under complete Arab Control to the point that they are busily destroying any evidence of a temple at that point. The Israeli government does not interfere at this time. When Jerusalem was partitioned and east jerusalem was part of Jordan the wailing wall could not be visited by Israeli's. The tomb of Rachel has been destroyed by the Pals and the Tomb of Joseph has been gutted and a death sentence provided to any Jew who would try to visit. Meanwhile the only Muslims not allowed on the Rock are bomb carriers and those who are carrying rocks. All others are welcome.
In the historical past the Muslim communities treated us better than the christians but went thru periods of intense peril.
The question remains
Can Jews have a place a country where only they can decide what happens to Jews?
the answer appears to be no.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Point taken.

Imric's Tips for Living

New Access to the holy places
Imric wrote: As I recall, before Israel was re-created by the West after WWII, Jews and Christians were freely permitted to make the pilgrimmage to the holy places, no?

It depends when. From 1917-1948 the British ruled and generally allowed free access. However the rights of Jews were quite restricted at the western Wall. Before then Jerusalem was ruled by the Ottoman empire and was generally considered a backwaters by Moslems. From 1948-1967 Jordan (a Moslem country) ruled and not only were Jews NOT permitted to visit the holy sites, all the Jewish synagogues, graveyards, etc. were desecrated. Since 1967, Israel has allowed Moslems and Christians free access. In fact, Moslems have more access then Jews to the temple mount. I am not allowed by the Israeli Gov't to go up to the temple mount and pray so as not to offend the Moslems. Why do you say Moslems are second class citizens in Jerusalem?
     Interesting comment on todays Israel - (boxley) - (9)
         Never happen - (JayMehaffey) - (8)
             Re: Never happen - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                 And it isn't as if.. we hadn't been Here before, either. - (Ashton)
                 In the Koran - (imric) - (5)
                     Respect is too strong a word - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
                         Hmm. - (imric) - (3)
                             Huh? Jerusalem is Israeli owned and operated - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Point taken. -NT - (imric)
                             Access to the holy places - (bluke)

To Imagine, To Ponder.. perhaps occasionally, To Think.
161 ms