IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I read this
It's part of the reason I followed the NYT behind its paywall. For all its faults, the Times remains among the few rocky formations still above water as American journalism descends to the depths.

BTW Ashton: Did I ever send you a copy of Max, a film set in 1919 Munich in which a maimed Jewish art dealer befriends a fellow veteran, an embittered Austrian corporal, and attempts to encourage him as a visual artist? Wonderful line from the film, the art dealer deprecating the notion of the "future": I've seen the future. Believe me, it came straight at us. There's no future in the future.

cordially,
New Did catch 'Max'..
Not sure source; recall that line but not so exactly. Another prognostication? as we watch certain options (there were) just ... flit on by.
Am recalling those stories heard--the ones that made lasting impressions--from tyke-hood on; ones where you thought,
Jeez, why don't these people Notice! that what is (so obviously) happening can only lead to a Huge Ugly Mess?

Well, now I know what was the common thread: those stories were Prep School.
WW-II movie, *They Were Expendable. 2014 sequel? They Were Incorrigible.
* http://en.wikipedia....y_Were_Expendable Saw the movie live as merely an Action potboiler which a 9 yo. could grok (as did the 'adults'.)
Almost enough to long for that asteroid: same result, less messy and much quicker. Also, no wasted visceral fixing-of-blame ... as the inexorable nears.

(We can feel sad for the tykes everywhere) and many will be thankful for their insouciance; if they ever fully realized--they'd form gangs and annihilate 'adults' wherever found.
I Am flat-Loving It! that the new Pope was the first World-figure [with the guts] to affix the major blame for our seppuku:
exactly where it belongs--the ascent of Vulture Capitalism (accelerated by a cabal of minds as-small/deranged--as was Ronnie's)
This-all has Got to be a Play ... so saith The Bard. (But enough of weltschmerz.)

Carrion.

NYT multi-media: (another) wife-battering cop/dead wife - (Ashton) - (4)
         I read this - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Did catch 'Max'.. - (Ashton)
         Things probably won't improve... - (dmcarls) - (1)
             blind-Luck. Whether 'deserved' or not. -NT - (Ashton)

When the beans no longer cut it.
28 ms