IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My Nexus 4 just upgraded itself to KitKat (v 4.4)
So far, it seems like nothing was broken in the process. I was a bit worried after some of the comments here - http://www.androidpo...-settings-issues/

It's not rooted or running anything special (just a few apps from the Play store).

Fingers crossed...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Same here. Upgraded last night.
New Bummer...
From the sounds of it... my Verizon Load of my Samsung Galaxy Nexus Phone... 4.2.2 will be the last major update.

Bummer. But if I get anxious enough I'm told I can go get the Google updated stuff for it.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New My N7 upgraded too.
I've sideloaded the Google Experience launcher, mainly to get rid of the "YOU SHALL HAVE AT LEAST FIVE HOME SCREENS, MORTAL" nonsense in the AOSP launcher.
New Google Navigation seems fragile.
We just got back from our Thanksgiving trip. We used Google Maps/Navigation down and back. It just up-and-quit about 4 times, especially on the way back. Power off and back on seemed to be required to get it working again. I don't have many data points before the KitKat upgrade, but I had never seen that before.

I'm not worried that it's unfixable, but it is a bit disconcerting. :-/

Caution might be in order if you haven't upgraded to KitKat yet.

YMMV, of course.

Cheers,
Scott.
New It's not bad for free
But if you've got a Windows phone, Here Drive+ blows it into the weeds.

I've sideloaded the Google Experience launcher onto my N7; mainly to get rid of the YUO MUST HAVE 5 HOMESCREENS worse-than-Hitler thing of the stock 4.4 launcher.

Now I have Google Now from two directions, but at least I don't have five home screens, four of which are empty.
New HERE (reg, TM, etc., etc.) looks interesting...
I've got no interest in a Winders phone. ;-)

But playing with their map with the browser when I have a data connection on a trip might make some sense. http://here.com/download#html5

Thanks. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New agreed, a much better tool than google's
needed it a couple of times when google placed a highschool about 3 miles from its actual location.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     My Nexus 4 just upgraded itself to KitKat (v 4.4) - (Another Scott) - (7)
         Same here. Upgraded last night. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Bummer... - (folkert)
         My N7 upgraded too. - (pwhysall)
         Google Navigation seems fragile. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             It's not bad for free - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 HERE (reg, TM, etc., etc.) looks interesting... - (Another Scott)
                 agreed, a much better tool than google's - (boxley)

Last night my friend asked to use a USB port to charge his cigarette, but I was using it to charge my book. The future is stupid.
129 ms