IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting. What's the reasoning behind the 10M cutoff?
New Just a feeling, really.
One I've had for a very long time. In smaller communities (and compared to 360 million, 10 million is small) it's less likely that a handful of major corporations could employ (read: exploit) the majority of people. In smaller states, I believe you'd see many hundreds of small capitalist operations. The real goal for me wouldn't be the population of any one country, really. The goal would be to have no single corporation have any more than, say, 50 employees. You can know 50 coworkers as people. You might even know the majority of their families. I have enough faith in humanity left to believe that if senior executives (or their shareholders) actually thought of their workforces as human beings, they couldn't possibly do many of the things they do in their "business plans." For, the overwhelming negative impact would be to people they knew. But CIEFO's, BOD's, and shareholders do not think of employees as human beings in a capitalist culture. Capital is King, not people. With smaller countries I think (and I could very well be wrong) that the likelihood of really big corporations would be greatly reduced.

Capitalism works well in small models. It just doesn't scale. That is, a sense of the common good, the sense of fair play that even Marx said could negate the necessity of revolution and capitalism on a large nation or multi-national scale are mutually exclusive.
New pollyanna
I know lots of people who own companies that employ less than 50 people who are complete bags of shits to their employees.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New You miss my point.
Are there dickhead owners of small companies? Sure. But how many companies with more than 100 employees are not run by complete dickheads? Answer: maybe one - if you count CostCo.

Working for small companies doesn't guarantee you won't be working for pricks. But working for a large company guarantees you will be working for pricks.

New I know several
Unfortunately it is the mid level assbags that are the problem, not always the leadership.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     Millennials, rise up! College is a scam — you have nothing - (Ashton) - (7)
         7 years of college down the drain -NT - (boxley)
         After the revolution, if the revolutionists are wise ... - (mmoffitt) - (5)
             Interesting. What's the reasoning behind the 10M cutoff? -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Just a feeling, really. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     pollyanna - (boxley) - (2)
                         You miss my point. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             I know several - (boxley)

Boogle!
221 ms