IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Great comment on Krugman post
http://krugman.blogs...s#permid=10556463
Our purchases are sharply divided by family net wealth. It would be nice to see separate indexes for typical purchases by the top 10%, the next 40% and the bottom 50% (or perhaps five or more indexes of equal purchasing volume by net wealth).

Aggregating the prices for all consumers as if we live on the same block is a very rough measure that continues to skew the picture by overstating dollar volume and understating individual economic decisions at the extremes. The 40% of the population with negative net wealth just don't shop the same way as people with real money.

Of course such attention to detail is only necessary when the little people make a difference - apparently not in monetary policy.

Pithy.
--

Drew
New Cubic-closest-packing Winnah of the Year. Saved.
New since food, energy and shelter
is what 90% or better of the population spend 90% or better of our incomes on, why not measure that for inflation?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Read the article, that's what it's about
--

Drew
     Great comment on Krugman post - (drook) - (3)
         Cubic-closest-packing Winnah of the Year. Saved. -NT - (Ashton)
         since food, energy and shelter - (boxley) - (1)
             Read the article, that's what it's about -NT - (drook)

Sex. Always sex.
122 ms