IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cigarettes -vs- global worming: 'Certainties' compared
http://motherboard.v...an-climate-change

[Will just leave the oTpy in.. the world Needs a good worming.]

If you are one of the few humans who has not yet been persuaded by the overwhelming scientific evidence that our activities are heating up the planet, or are under the impression that scientists are still uncertain as to whether dumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere is causing global temperatures to rise, then consider this brief guide for your benefit.

Seth Borenstein, the Associated Press's science correspondent, has given us a fine barometer by which to measure the scientific certainty that humans are heating the planet. He reports that the world's climatologists are now gearing up to officially proclaim that they are 95 percent certain that humans are to blame for global warming.

That 5 percent gap may seem large. It is not. In science, nothing is 100 percent sure—not even the law of gravity.

According to Borenstein, here are a few things that scientists are just as or less certain of than climate change:

that cigarettes kill
the age of the universe
that vitamins make you healthy
that dioxin in Superfund sites is dangerous
Here are a couple I'll add myself. Scientists are more certain that humans are causing climate change than:

that string theory describes reality
the rate the universe expanded after the big bang
And there's a lot more.

[. . .]

See? it's *All* ... a crap shoot.

Expand Edited by Ashton Nov. 19, 2013, 01:58:48 AM EST
New ciggarettes may kill, tobacco does not :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     Cigarettes -vs- global worming: 'Certainties' compared - (Ashton) - (1)
         ciggarettes may kill, tobacco does not :-) -NT - (boxley)

268435456 bytes OK.
42 ms