IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The thing about the current Mac keyboards...
... is that they seem to be more form than function. Even on the laptops. I have to type slower on them, and I've noticed colleagues still struggling a little with accuracy (we've had them more than a year).

I just plug in my Happy Hacking Keyboard. :-)

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New You what?
You notice your colleagues' typing accuracy?

I can haz Wade The Typing Speed And Accuracy Nazi? Do you have a clipboard? I bet you have a clipboard. On which you make notes.

Stop it, Wade. You're scaring me.

>goes to happy place<
New Not only that..
But when you are on Wifi ... he's doing Your stats, too.. (He sees: that when you try to type ____ it comes out ususally almost as often as mine.)

yceran .. eet eez Everywhen!
New For Wade, it is to lag.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New I've noticed it with my own
And a friend also commented that his had gone down. The problem is that all of the keys look exactly the same.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Jobs' post-modernist style: neatness trumps human utility?
Shades of the LISA--with ONLY an optical drive: Because: It's The Futchah! == Suck it up. At $25 a pop,

When my fine iMac arrived, my first glance at that slab of aluminum.. was a wince.
And in such a beautifully-nested white box, so reminiscent of Japanese artful lunch packaging.
Trying to type on it, another phrase popped into head (from school daze) Gehabt, kindern!

Second flash was.. Ohh Kay, Steverino ... ya gots feet of clay--and here's the proof.
Think it was third day I asked L. if she had any other 'Apple' kb I could try; pity that her two (!) traded alloy-art for a ~normal layout/keys but mushiness, with no feedback (either).
I guess that many just keep on truckin.. Because it's so pretty and Steve did it.
(Wonder if anyone has ever won a typing-speed contest on one; maybe a few Are super-adaptable.)

Hey.. you make your living via what ends-up needing to be TYPED; hope you find something that actually helps in that.
Life's too short to accommodate a crippled design in an essential daily task (though I once did own a Indian 440cc TT Warrior POS. For enough weeks to verify its POSness.) :-/

Luck..
New I took a bit of licence with that remark.
What I have actually directly observed is mild frustration over the Mac keyboard compared to the Dell keyboards we used to have. Several of my colleagues directly opined that it was harder to type at speed on the Mac keyboard.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
     Finally replaced my IBM Model M keyboard... - (Another Scott) - (21)
         Huh, I've been looking for a replacement to my - (folkert)
         Good timing; seems it's never a no-brainer - (Ashton) - (18)
             I don't understand how J tolerates her Mac keyboards. - (Another Scott) - (17)
                 Think I have an 'M' or later work-alike. - (Ashton)
                 Low-profile keyboards are great... - (pwhysall) - (8)
                     Re: Low-profile keyboards are great... My K811 just came. - (Ashton) - (7)
                         All true - (pwhysall) - (6)
                             I'm still using... - (folkert)
                             which Razer Deathadder? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 The left-handed one. -NT - (pwhysall)
                             Re: All true - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 Re: All true - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     Hah.. Amazon ad blew it--shoulda gone to Source. - (Ashton)
                 The thing about the current Mac keyboards... - (static) - (6)
                     You what? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                         Not only that.. - (Ashton)
                         For Wade, it is to lag. -NT - (folkert)
                         I've noticed it with my own - (malraux) - (1)
                             Jobs' post-modernist style: neatness trumps human utility? - (Ashton)
                         I took a bit of licence with that remark. - (static)
         Ars: Why I use a 20 year old keyboard. - (Another Scott)

He done made them there squiggly lines into WORDS!
126 ms