IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think it's time for us to restrict registration
Clearly this problem is not going to go away. I'm thinking that adding something that emails the listserv when someone new registers so that we can suss them out before approving their registration will go a long way to solving the spam problem.
New How about a peer approval.
A self selected group willing to approve registrations.

Or something like that.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New How about making me DICTATOR FOR LIFE?
New What do you mean "making"...
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New Well, you know...
...I'd like to give you guys the illusion of choice.
New you are not white enuff and backward racist asshole
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Could lend you my Wonder Woman Golden Lasso..
which compels truthiness (though it has not been tested looped-around some computer-thing, as its Transliteration Module was never certified-Red (-State?))
by Oh.. say Microsoft (who make-up their own er,NT-ratings and nobody ever Calls Them On It. Amirite?)

Sometimes ya needs Old-tech.
New I'm figuring that a mail list subscription
is a great self-selecting procedure for that.
New That's all great guys, but
as a person who deals with spam daily, it's only going to get worse. I can also say it can get a lot worse really fucking quickly. I'm guessing that the easiest implementation to deal with the issue is that on submit of the registration button, it fires an email off to the mail list, where we can all see it, and then an admin (in all honesty, other than malreaux, I've no idea of who they may be) can allow the registration to finish or dump it after taking a look at the form contents.

I'm sure Mr. Anderson will have a better handle on how to get it sorted with a minimum of fuss and bother on his part (or at least, he will after he gets back from Rivendell), but it is something we need to deal with, and the sooner the better.

It would really suck to come in and find hundreds of postings all over the fucking place one day.

Oh, and as an aside... wtf guys, leave the political animosity where it belongs... politics and flame. I get worked up with the best of them, but it's not like I don't view all of you with a great deal of affection and respect. It might be a good idea to remember that. Leave that shit out of the Suggestions forum mkay? I go there for the proto-twitter experience, not to watch a couple of prima donnas squabble over format.
New Yes, and yes
And FWIW: http://www.programma...b.com/api/akismet
--

Drew
New ...and I rest my case.
New I thought you already had.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
     I think it's time for us to restrict registration - (jake123) - (11)
         How about a peer approval. - (folkert) - (6)
             How about making me DICTATOR FOR LIFE? -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 What do you mean "making"... -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                     Well, you know... - (pwhysall)
                 you are not white enuff and backward racist asshole -NT - (boxley)
             Could lend you my Wonder Woman Golden Lasso.. - (Ashton)
             I'm figuring that a mail list subscription - (jake123)
         That's all great guys, but - (jake123) - (1)
             Yes, and yes - (drook)
         ...and I rest my case. -NT - (jake123) - (1)
             I thought you already had. -NT - (folkert)

If ya dont want to dispense certain drugs go into construction.
104 ms