IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just for kicks, I created an account ...
I'm using Chrome on Win32.

Using a normal tab I went to http://www.healthcare.gov and started the application process. Everything worked fine as far as creating an account, answering the 3 security questions. On answering the confirmation e-mail and logging-in I get a blank page at w.h.gov/marketplace/auth/userprofile/ Refreshing didn’t help. But creating a new Incognito window (ctrl-shift-n) and logging in from there worked fine.

One hurdle passed.

After that, everything seems fine, up to a point. It asks for home address, birthdate (SS# is optional). Then asks for verification of address, verification of previous addresses, etc. No, I haven’t bought pet insurance. :-/ Then it says my identity has been verified and says I can Continue. Clicking the Continue button seems to do nothing - it just hangs with a highlight around the button.

Up until the hang at the Continue button, I spent at most 10 minutes.

Logging in via a normal Chrome tab (a non-Incognito tab) gets me past the Continue button hang and lets me start the application process (entering names and other information, etc.). At that point, it seemed to be working fine.

Dunno what information it would give me about policies (I can’t use the Exchange anyway). I've stopped just before submitting the application.

I don't think I've spent more than about 30 minutes altogether working on this.

IOW, at least at the moment, there are client-side issues with Healthcare.gov, but they can be worked around.

I hope the folks that are trying to fix things are looking at the client-side stuff and not just the server side!

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re:
If they are using AJAX... which they are... they have to look at client side execution issues and not just with "Current Browsers"
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Especially considering the expected target market
--

Drew
New Especially considering the target market.
I'm sure some probably still have Windows98 and IE 5.5, or Mozilla 1.x or some such.

I don't think it'd be a stretch to say Windows95, even.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Mosaic + PineMail on a DX-2 w/ 8" floppies.. You mean you
have a color monitor???

Law above fear, justice above law, mercy above justice, love above all.
     HealthCare.gov problems? I blame IE. - (Another Scott) - (5)
         Just for kicks, I created an account ... - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Re: - (folkert) - (3)
                 Especially considering the expected target market -NT - (drook) - (2)
                     Especially considering the target market. - (folkert) - (1)
                         Mosaic + PineMail on a DX-2 w/ 8" floppies.. You mean you - (Ashton)

Continue stretching the edge of rondure.
150 ms