IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Economists are horrible and stupid people.
I hypothesize this may be self-selection: those who aren't selfish are less inclined to academic fields that model selfishness.

I also reckon economists aren't truly scientists. If they were evidence-led, they wouldn't think people are rational.
--------------------------------------------
Matthew Greet

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
New Oh, relax, ferfuxxake.
Sure, when going to university ("college", for the Yanks), people are liable to want to see the world modeled in simple and straightforward terms. An explanatory model that absolves us from being "wicked" for indulging in (what to such a young person would appear as fundamentally innocent) enlightened self-interest is of course all the more likely to be seized upon. The fact that market forces and the micro economy actually do work somewhat like Smith deduced and youthfully naive right-wingers imagine is and remains true; to pretend that this were totally untrue just because the young firebrands manage to make total inhuman prats of themselves in their eagerness to embrace a straight-forward and "rational" model of the world is churlish in the extreme. We've all been young and stupid.

It's only if they're still Randroids when they're over thirty that it's justified to declare them total fucking "morans" and sociopaths.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     Economists are horrible, horrible people. So says science. - (Ashton) - (5)
         Even those of us in training? - (crazy) - (2)
             Training Waters Technology? - (CRConrad)
             Sorry.. MEGO when exposed to religious inculcation by-the- - (Ashton)
         Economists are horrible and stupid people. - (warmachine) - (1)
             Oh, relax, ferfuxxake. - (CRConrad)

According to one source, the average British driver will let rip 912 pints of fart during their lifetime.
65 ms