IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New everyone is piling on aca website
http://bostonherald....g_it_on_obamacare
I don't know how many of you remember when wlnp went live, the large carriers couldn't port some cell phone numbers for weeks, very much in the news the same way.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Gosh ya don't think that some few-thousand just might be
gangin-up as in, Let's Bring Down the System for Coulter, Palin and just plain anti-evrything Goodness?

Naahhh--couldn't happen. Must be sloppy software that can't handle the whole fucking population in 24 hours.
(Did someone forget to ask you about that neat trick fer SSH'in all over the place
--and gettin past those ugly Permission thingies?)

I Know: assign alphabet-days for a while: A thru C? F? H? one day, etc.
Just tell da truff: Hey citoyens: Fact-is-- without actual usage and refinements as you comprehend:
You Can't roll-out *perfected* ANY System, even from the Best 'tests'
--which WiIl Be Mobbed, inescapably. As in qed.
(Woulda happened had Shrub's effete-stab actually been taken ... seriously, I Wot.)
New naw, shrub just wanted to expand medicare to the states
via block grants, hmm wonder how Obama is doing it? Nother?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Shrub only had magic asterisks.
The Affordable Care Act expands Medicaid:

http://www.medicaid....ble-care-act.html

Provider Payments: States will receive 100 percent federal matching funds for the increase in payments.

HTH!

Cheers,
Scott.
New like I said, block grants to the states
Financing Beginning in 2014 coverage for the newly eligible adults will be fully funded by the federal government for three years. It will phase down to 90% by 2020.
from your link. Calling a shrub block grant majik asterisks and an Obama block grant expanding medicaid(thanks for the correction) not a majik asterisks is because the democratic party would not stand for an expansion of healthcare for poor americans by a republican president. Otherwise majik asterisks or not more poor people would have had more care than before but your party did not want that to happen.
New 1:1 payment for expenses is not a block grant.
A block grant is - http://www.urban.org...tions/310991.html

Block grants are fixed-sum federal grants to state and local governments that give them broad flexibility to design and implement designated programs. Federal oversight and requirements are light, and funds are allocated among recipient governments by formula. Most federal aid is currently distributed to state and local governments as categorical grants, which may also be allocated by formula but can only be used for rather narrowly defined purposes.

Bush's 2006 plan was magic asterisks. Read it yourself, and ask yourself why it wasn't passed while he had a Republican House and a Republican Senate, or for that matter, why it wasn't even taken up as a major piece of legislation. http://georgewbush-w.../2006/healthcare/

Hint: HSA for poor people don't help them. They don't have money to save.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New apparently you didn't read all of it, missed a spot

Increased Funding for Community Health Centers

The President believes that access to primary and preventive health care services is critical, especially in poor, medically underserved communities. Since taking office, the President has worked to expand the number and reach of Community Health Centers. Community Health Centers play a central role in meeting this need and making health care available to low-income Americans. The centers provide primary and preventive health services to individuals regardless of their ability to pay. They are located in medically underserved urban and rural areas where there often is little access to basic health care services, and these centers primarily serve low-income individuals, migrant farm workers, the homeless, and children.

Action: Expanding Community Health Center capacity. President Bush recognized the needs of the medically underserved, and his Administration has funded more than 800 new or expanded centers and will fund approximately 400 more in the next two years. This has already allowed community health centers to build capacity to serve more than 3.5 million additional Americans, with nearly 2 million more to be served in the next two years.

Ensuring the Poorest Communities Have Better Access to CaRE. It is vital to enhance medical care in poor communities, where access to regular care is often hardest to come by and where basic primary and preventive services can do an enormous amount to raise standards of living and well being.

Action: Establishing Community Health Centers in poor counties. To make sure access to health care is available where it is most needed, the President has set out to establish a Community Health Center or rural clinic in every high-poverty county in America that can support one. The President’s FY 2007 budget proposes to establish 80 such centers or clinics in poor counties not now served.

New Community Health is great and important.
We've agreed on that in the past.

He expanded Community Health Centers, but that wasn't enough.

http://www.americanp...y-health-centers/

In fiscal year 2002, which began in October 2001, President Bush launched the President’s Health Centers Initiative with the goal of adding 1,200 new and expanded health center sites over five years “to ultimately double the number of patients treated at community health centers.”15 This was the hallmark of his strategy to address the nation’s uninsured.16 Due to subsequent budget constraints, however, as the federal budget surplus of the 1990s under President Bill Clinton turned to deficits under President Bush, this goal shifted to expanding the number of patients seen from 10 million in 2001 to 16 million in 2006. Still, this patientdriven goal helped grow the funding levels of community health centers from $1.34 billion for FY 2002 to $2.1 billion in FY 2008.

[...]

The historic passage of the new health care law earlier this year now poses a number of implementation-related challenges, including how to deliver care to the additional 32 million Americans who will have health coverage. Because there are still huge pockets of America without accessible health care services, community health centers are well positioned to ramp up and be ready to provide care to these newly covered health care recipients. The Affordable Care Act commits $11 billion to these centers over the next five years to expand services.

Community health centers are long recognized for their ability to effectively utilize federal grants to improve and expand patient access to medical, dental, and mental health services. The steady increase in federal funding has enabled these centers to provide high quality, accessible care to the nation’s most vulnerable populations. That’s why any discussion of how to expand access to health services while trying to slow the rising costs of health care must include maximum utilization of our nation’s existing community health centers and the new ones needed to meet future needs.

Bush did some good things, like his program for AIDS in Africa. He didn't have a serious proposal for quasi-universal health care in the US like Obamacare.

Cheers,
Scott.
     everyone is piling on aca website - (boxley) - (7)
         Gosh ya don't think that some few-thousand just might be - (Ashton) - (6)
             naw, shrub just wanted to expand medicare to the states - (boxley) - (5)
                 Shrub only had magic asterisks. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     like I said, block grants to the states - (boxley) - (3)
                         1:1 payment for expenses is not a block grant. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             apparently you didn't read all of it, missed a spot - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Community Health is great and important. - (Another Scott)

That game with the fifteen numbered balls is the devil's tool!
45 ms