IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Beginning to Like this Pope: takes on the 'Christers'
http://www.rawstory....ithin-the-church/

And any Pope who asks a rhetorical question with a "eh?" on the end.. well.. that's almost democratic!

Speaking at daily Mass last Thursday, Pope Francis warned Christians against turning their faith into a rigid ideology.

“The faith passes, so to speak, through a distiller and becomes ideology,” he said, according to Radio Vatican. “And ideology does not beckon [people]. In ideologies there is not Jesus: in his tenderness, his love, his meekness. And ideologies are rigid, always. Of every sign: rigid.

“And when a Christian becomes a disciple of the ideology, he has lost the faith: he is no longer a disciple of Jesus, he is a disciple of this attitude of thought… For this reason Jesus said to them: ‘You have taken away the key of knowledge.’ The knowledge of Jesus is transformed into an ideological and also moralistic knowledge, because these close the door with many requirements.”

“The faith becomes ideology and ideology frightens, ideology chases away the people, distances, distances the people and distances of the Church of the people,” Francis added. “But it is a serious illness, this of ideological Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”

He said Christian ideology was the result of a lack of true prayer.

Watch video, courtesy of Rome Reports, below:

Wonder what sort of Commyunist-apellation the Far-rightful shall bestow. If they even hear of this treason against their Certainties.

{sigh}
And so it goes.
New subtext
“The faith becomes ideology and ideology frightens, ideology chases away the people, distances, distances the people and distances of the Church of the people,”
and collections go down. Needs a little more seasoning before I buy. Don't get me wrong there is a JP candle burning around the living room somewhere.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New I agree, but prefer this story:
Pope Francis Expels German 'Luxury' Bishop Franz-Peter Tebartz-van Els From Diocese Of Limburg

Pope Francis expelled a German bishop from his diocese on Wednesday pending the outcome of a church inquiry into his 31 million-euro ($43-million) new residence complex.

http://www.huffingto...p-_n_4148086.html
Alex
New OMG! Taking on ... the *Capitalists* ... TOO!!?!?ONE111
Keep that up and--what was the 'Good' John who died soon==mysteriously. a few decades past?
(John the XXIII maybe?)
They'll smother the Y.P.B. without a twinge.. :-/

Should we send him a Twitter: Watch Your BACK! ??
New John Paul uno?
--

Drew
New Think I've conflated the qualities of JP1 and JPXXIII
in my rarely-visited Catholic-stuff-memory-register..

IIR~C though: Roncalli's 2nd Vat. Council set the stage for some slightly-advanced thinking amidst the troops and he was a pleasant/emotional kinda guy. N-years later, Luciani had said some things which--to us-Outsiders--indicated a similar propensity for ... that Scary-Thing: Change.

(In both cases these were the LIberals, natch..)
     Beginning to Like this Pope: takes on the 'Christers' - (Ashton) - (5)
         subtext - (boxley)
         I agree, but prefer this story: - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             OMG! Taking on ... the *Capitalists* ... TOO!!?!?ONE111 - (Ashton) - (2)
                 John Paul uno? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     Think I've conflated the qualities of JP1 and JPXXIII - (Ashton)

It's mercifully free of Britney Timberlake, Backstreet II Men, and Whitney Dion.
72 ms