IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I always possessed a kinder and gentler machine gun hand
At the risk of alluding to a skit (fairly apropos) in MP's Meaning of Life, you said something about cats? Really? Cats are some of my favorite people too. How many as of most recent census?

http://www.youtube.c...tch?v=O2QJvc_SxFQ
Just a few thoughts,

Dan
Expand Edited by danreck Oct. 9, 2013, 09:20:41 AM EDT
New ..prefer the PPK; in both hands, IF...
Don't 'count' actually: that is, if you look at National Numbers (all related to that 'how a Nation treats its animals' Thing..) you'd just see shoveling endless shit against incoming tides.

Only number I ever see is: >This 'cat'< Gets to Have a life. That is 100% Success, and as far as I dare use numbers.
Anyway: 2 In/Out-door cats + 2 long-term ferals here/just now. Mostly.. incoming-$$ get apportioned to the Real-troops:
TNR-ing (trap, neuter, release) and finding homes for the de-flea-d, cleaned up rescuees.
Sometimes people have to be Up and about at darkness hours, especially to trap ill/weak/scared outliers who WIll Die shortly [normally.]

Know any excessively-wealthy types who have actually developed a real-Life?
There are sooo Many who possess obscene wealthandwantMoreandMore--some must by-now be human?
Brighthaven a local place: takes-in the 'terminally-ill', aged == unadoptable animals, extracting $$ for LIfetime service:
from those who can afford/then gratis for as many as they can also accommodate (to the same standards of superb-care.)

They are in peril--for the usual reasons in a brain-dead Vulture-capitalist milieu--so, a few $100K could stake them to a n more years survival.. know any contributors, offfhand?
(They'll get a %large of my creekside-Villa in increasingly-Gentrified KWood, when i t's time for me to get outta this chicken-outfit.)
Alas, though: I still Here, well, today thus-far.. so it 's difficult to make predictions--especially about the Futchah.

Carrion.

There are many Awww stories; I try not to spread them willy-nilly, but since you Asked:
Two tiny females arrived here ~ 3 yrs ago: one Irascible! but really Wishing to be comfortable enough to accept TLC; the other: shy, undiagnosed properly (thyroid problem eventually treated: Improvements..)
Named them Milli- and Micro- [as in *cough* μ]
This shy-cat, while making self scarce mostly (in-house) during day.. Lived for bed-time.
When I hit sack, she'd unfailingly climb the small-steps to bed (arthritis) and bee-line for the crook of my arm, bury head there and ... depending on my night-moves
--would be there in morning, not having stirred. (Her clear Pleasure in that simple thing: no words.)
In her final weeks, she had Gotten her TLC, as best I could provide--making more bearable the missing part, which won't ever completely disappear, natch.

We get more than we ever 'give'; there's a Reason for cliches.

MrrOWWWR.

Ed: Heh.. just noted your addendum: ... + oTyp
The Special Version, I wot (for Muricans)
The Meaning of LIff

Carrion. It's what's for lunch 10/2018
Expand Edited by Ashton Oct. 9, 2013, 05:51:55 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Ashton Oct. 9, 2013, 05:59:04 PM EDT
     Krugman: 'God help us all..' - (Ashton) - (13)
         If a crash comes, ... - (mmoffitt) - (12)
             Re: If a crash comes, ... - (danreck) - (10)
                 bang on -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                     Box - throwing you a bone - (danreck) - (7)
                         heh, thx -NT - (boxley)
                         Punk Counterpunk - (Ashton) - (5)
                             Re: Punk Counterpunk - (danreck)
                             Re: Punk Counterpunk - (danreck) - (3)
                                 Now that's alacrity..! - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     I always possessed a kinder and gentler machine gun hand - (danreck) - (1)
                                         ..prefer the PPK; in both hands, IF... - (Ashton)
                 Thanks, Dan, for setting me straight. Er ..., - (mmoffitt)
             WTF -- he too?!? - (CRConrad)

You want to debate how many LRPD's fit on the head of the GRR?
70 ms