IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Navy SEAL team attaked al Shabaab villa
http://www.nytimes.c...li-Militants.html

NAIROBI, Kenya — A Navy SEAL team targeted a senior leader of the Shabab militant group in a raid on his seaside villa in the Somali town of Baraawe on Saturday, American officials said, in response to a deadly attack on a Nairobi shopping mall for which the group had claimed responsibility.

The SEAL team stealthily approached the beachfront house by sea before exchanging gunfire with militants in a predawn firefight that was the most significant raid by American troops on Somali soil since commandos killed Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan, a Qaeda mastermind, near the same town four years ago.

The unidentified Shabab leader is believed to have been killed in the firefight, but the SEAL team was forced to withdraw before that could be confirmed, a senior American official said. Such operations by American forces are rare because they carry a high risk, and indicate that the target was considered a high priority. Baraawe, a small port town south of Mogadishu, the Somali capital, is known as a gathering place for the Shabab’s foreign fighters.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is a prototype for future anti-terrorism operations.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: prototype for future anti-terrorism operations
It really makes much more sense than any kind of "occupation".

Unless, of course, there's oil involved! :)
Alex
New Shush! Don't give Pres. Cruz any ideas!
New attack a place with poor intel and get run off the beach?
why would he want to do that? Not the Seals fault but the ops planners
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New As Alex said, it's better than an invasion.
And they learned a few things to have fewer mistakes next time.

Cheers,
Scott.
New fully agree invasions are a bad thing
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     Navy SEAL team attaked al Shabaab villa - (Another Scott) - (5)
         Re: prototype for future anti-terrorism operations - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             Shush! Don't give Pres. Cruz any ideas! -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 attack a place with poor intel and get run off the beach? - (boxley) - (2)
                     As Alex said, it's better than an invasion. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         fully agree invasions are a bad thing -NT - (boxley)

LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
67 ms