IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New States cancel Windows demo.
[link|http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.asp?Symbol=US:MSFT&Feed=RTR&Date=20020509&ID=1626878|Microsoft apparently claims they would need an "indefinite amount of time" in order to prepare for the demonstration.]

Guess who folded...

(seen on /.)
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Very curious.
I'm sure the judge could have limited MS to a month or so. What's a bit longer after all this time?

*sigh*
New One comment on /.
Somebody said that Mr. Gates admitted that such a configuration was possible under oath, and that was just as good as the demo.

They might have gotten what they wanted already, in a slightly less dramatic fashion.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New That's how I figure it
The whole demonstration was to rebut claims that it was "impossible" to build a modular Windows. Once they announced they were going to demonstrate the opposite, Gates admitted, "Well, I suppose it's possible, but it's not how we do it (and it's not licensed that way, so actually you can't do it." Once they got the admission, they can drop the demo without risking having it blow up in their faces.
===
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New View from The Register.
[link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/25229.html|The Register]
It doesn't look like the states had their act together.
New So why is it that only the Eevul droids can snare
other than mouth-breathers - to present testimony?
(Or is it as simple as - sharks like to work for sharks?)

'Discovery' - another word maimed, if not done to death..

Ashton
New Like
[link|http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/PatheticWitnesses|this]?

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
Expand Edited by imric May 13, 2002, 01:52:00 PM EDT
New Stand {horribly} corrected..
Forgot about this exc. Wiki! for some days.
Gotta pay Attention..

Feel better - the mouth-breathers are if anything, collected more around the rotting corpse than around the autopsy technicians. OK - sharks Like decaying meat.

*Whew*

Ashton
As the Wiki grows, I begin to see that: this is a Neat Thing for organizing such stuff!
New That link's been moved
Karsten just did some major housecleaning. That link is now [link|http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/PatheticWitnesses|here]. I don't know if he missed when I said this, or if I never remembered to say it, but I was putting all the MS stuff under Test anticipating that it would eventually be moved to a more appropriate web once someone was able to create new ones. I figured one move would be less disruptive than two. It probably would still have been better off under Main, except that I was still testing when I started creating that stuff.
===
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New Thanks!
Changed the link...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
     States cancel Windows demo. - (inthane-chan) - (9)
         Very curious. - (Brandioch) - (8)
             One comment on /. - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                 That's how I figure it - (drewk) - (6)
                     View from The Register. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                         So why is it that only the Eevul droids can snare - (Ashton) - (4)
                             Like - (imric) - (3)
                                 Stand {horribly} corrected.. - (Ashton)
                                 That link's been moved - (drewk) - (1)
                                     Thanks! - (imric)

We're gonna make this night... last fo-evah!
84 ms