Shot-to-shot is about 3 seconds on mine, not 4. I've got Microsoft Blink for if I need faster.

You don't need optical zoom on a camera phone, although the ability to crop-zoom is handy, for those rare occasions where Nike Zoom isn't available. The glass is far, far too small to make it worthwhile, so you're much better off using Nike Zoom instead, and taking advantage of the downsampling magic.

TBH, you're often better off using Nike Zoom on a proper camera; stick the lens in its optimum sharpness/aberration position, walk to where you need to be. I only rarely shoot my 10-22mm at anything other than 10mm, stopped down to about f/11. I fit everything else (composition, shutter speed, aperture, etc) around that. Likewise, the 24-105 tends to live at just shy of 105mm, where I use it like a moderately long prime.

ETA: Interesting article, thanks. The fact that the 5MP oversampled image is derived directly from the 41MP (34/38 depending on aspect ratio. Look, it's complicated. Shut up.) sensor data is news to me, but makes perfect sense.