IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New US bond market weirdness.
One might think that worries about default would drive investors away from US Treasury bonds. It's much more complicated than that, since investors are more worried about the rest of the economy tanking and instead view Treasuries as still being the safest of safe havens.

http://www.nytimes.c...ysis.html?hp&_r=0

Any fears about a protracted government shutdown haven't been reflected in recent trading. This month, Treasuries are likely to post their first gain in five months as the sector recovered from its summer swoon, sparked by the Federal Reserve decision last week to maintain its bond purchase program.

Growing demand for some Treasury obligations that mature before the October 17 debt limit deadline knocked their interest rates to below zero this week. A month ago, they traded at 0.02 percent.

The yields on benchmark 10-year Treasuries have already fallen to their lowest levels in six weeks partly on safe-haven bids on bets about a possible government shutdown next week.

"Here. Take my money. I'll pay you to hold it."

I wonder what it will take for the Teabagger Fever among the Republicans to finally break, and whether it will take default by the US to start the process... :-(

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yes, but..
they are buying "protection". With apologies to cat lovers. "There's more than one way to skin a cat." :)

http://www.bloomberg...-gets-closer.html
Trading of credit-default swaps insuring U.S. Treasuries soared almost 80 percent as the deadline nears for plans to cut the nation’s budget deficit and raise the $14.3 trillion debt limit to avoid default.

[typo]

Alex
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Sept. 28, 2013, 12:50:21 PM EDT
New Ah. CDSes. Those beautiful ponies. :-(
     US bond market weirdness. - (Another Scott) - (2)
         Yes, but.. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Ah. CDSes. Those beautiful ponies. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)

Erm, jb......that already IS a Lerpadism.
167 ms