IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Changed Shared Folder Password on Win95. Win2K can't access.
Hi,

I've shared a folder on a Win95 PC (in a workgroup, no Windows domain) for ages with no problems. Yesterday I changed the password of the folder and rebooted it. Now when I use a Win2K machine to access the shared folder, rather than prompting me for the new password (as I would have expected) I get a popup that says:

"\\\\Machine\\Folder is not accessible.

The specified network password is not correct.

...[ OK ]"

Grrr.

What does a newbie Win2k user (with Administrator rights) have to do to solve this problem? There's nothing obvious (to me) in the Properties for the folder, nor in Users and Groups, etc., nor in a Google and Google Group search, nor Annoyances.org.

Do I have to log out of the Win2k machine and re-login or something? Please tell me that a registry hack isn't required...

I'm running Win95B and Win2K + SP1 if it matters.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Remove mapping in Explorer, map it anew? Just a guess - HTH!
New Not mapped. Logout and login fixed it.
The folder wasn't mapped in Explorer to a drive letter. I simply went:

My Network Places -> Computers Near Me -> Machine -> (Wait for list of folders) -> Double click on Folder -> Error popup saying password is incorrect.

Logging out and Logging back in acted as I expected it should have from the beginning. I was asked for a password on going through the steps above and the problem was solved.

Brain dead Windows....

Thanks, CRC!

Cheers,
Scott.
     Changed Shared Folder Password on Win95. Win2K can't access. - (Another Scott) - (2)
         Remove mapping in Explorer, map it anew? Just a guess - HTH! -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Not mapped. Logout and login fixed it. - (Another Scott)

It's like an alien game of "keep-away."
32 ms