IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New my back hurts
http://www.washingto...a18f2c_print.html
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New The part that gets me...
That MANY of these fucks that want everything defunded on the Motorcycle Forums I am a part of...

They bitch and complain and whine about these people on disability. Yet... YET... when one of them get put on disability they are all back slapping and hey YOU DESERVE IT... and when I happen to point out this hypocrisy, they get all fucking mad at me, attacking the peep that just got permanent disability.

What ever.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Dean Baker's response.
http://www.cepr.net/...ust-a-bad-economy

The Washington Post had an interesting article on the sharp rise in disability rates in the downturn. It would have been helpful to include some additional information.

One important reason for the rise in disability not connected to the recession, is the increase in the normal retirement age. This was increased from 65 for people who turned 62 before 2002, to 66 for people who turned 62 after 2008. The rise in the normal retirement age means that people on disability can collect benefits for an extra year before they have to turn to their Social Security retirement benefits, which will typically be less. The increase in the retirement age would have led to a substantial rise in disability rates even if there had been no underlying change in the incidence of disability.

[...]

A good read.

Cheers,
Scott.
New money quote
(with emphasis added)
The good times were still rolling when Eugene LaPorte graduated from high school in 1973. He went straight to work in the mill, and for years it looked like a great move: LaPorte became a supervisor, and at his peak, he had close to a six-figure salary.

“Who needed a college education?” LaPorte said. “I was living the dream.”

But that was before the company’s fortunes changed. In 1990, Great Northern was purchased in a hostile takeover and later went into bankruptcy.
We keep forgetting that the dire state of the toiling classes in this country owes in major part to a systematic campaign of looting by which these companies were "purchased," sucked dry and discarded like wadded-up snotrags by brigands like Mitt Romney.

cordially,
New Indeed. :-(
New Your Cohort LRPD sez
It is a weapon of mass distraction to keep us away from the real issues at hand.

Let's replace both Shacks of Congress with the LRPD's corporeal Stand-in.
     my back hurts - (boxley) - (5)
         The part that gets me... - (folkert)
         Dean Baker's response. - (Another Scott)
         money quote - (rcareaga) - (2)
             Indeed. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
             Your Cohort LRPD sez - (Ashton)

With one hand tied behind my back.
122 ms