IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Per an Amazon review:
No.. thanksjustthesame.

This is a book of vengeance and revenge. Travis has finally found true love, and she is snatched from him by death. At first it appears to be a lethal illness, then horrifyingly a random sophisticated killing. Trav is almost mad with a desire to find one face to batter and then to execute the killer. To face the fact that the murder appears to be an organizational hit with no single one-of-a-kind killer seems obscenely unfair. Travis follows some paper-thin leads, discards his identity, and infiltrates a terrorist camp sponsored by a cult religious group.

This is a fast paced book, one of my all-time favorite McGees. I was struck by MacDonald's uncanny accuracy in depicting the terrorist personality way back in 1979. The healthy young American soldiers in superb shape confidently believed their next lives would be vastly improved by destroying the civilization in this one. They disdained, even looked forward to death. One character tells McGee that the terrorists will not "waste" their rockets on military vessels. Blowing up a planeload of civilians containing women and children was far more "productive."

The finale is a fine display of McGee's sniperly abilities, derring-do and just plain luck. (Rambo has nothing on him!) The only thing that dated "The Green Ripper" was McGee's reluctance to treat the female terrorists as anything but "ladies" no matter how fearsome they were. Today no such chivalry (even if misguided) would be allowed.

Guess you're well-Into heaped dead burned bodies ... for "re-Creation" ['recreation' kinda just misses-the-Point?]
You and Beau Geste / the French Foreign Legion.. never mind smelling-the-flowers before you turn-on-the flamethrower.

(Maybe you should warn us--or maybe we should already Know, eh?)
New hey, I read oaters too
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     "the green ripper" By john d. mcdonald - (boxley) - (8)
         I remember that book - (jake123) - (5)
             re-read it the other day - (boxley) - (4)
                 Yeah, I remember the long soliloquys - (jake123) - (3)
                     My reading nowadays is people gibbering on the 'Net... -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         hey, I find time to read and gibber -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             Th'more you gibber,th'less can I:Spend mor time read'n yours -NT - (CRConrad)
         Per an Amazon review: - (Ashton) - (1)
             hey, I read oaters too -NT - (boxley)

What's your vector, Victor?
38 ms