IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Been a while since I've put anything here.
Mused: A day at the park.

http://kiriakakis.ne...a-day-at-the-park
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New long winded feller
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Really...
That is all you got out of that?

Ok.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Interesting, I guess.
I dunno about how universal it is, though. It seems, on quick inspection, to lead to nihilism if one isn't careful.

Thanks for the linky.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Heh.. 'nihilism' yer bugaboo, Bunky?
We Began from >[There]< if'n that Big Bang thing has any legs. Hatin' our Roots, then?
(Personally I can't think of anything more nihilist than to buy-into such rampant slogans as clearly 'motivate' entire mobocracies we can now observe on Tee-Vee.)

(Starting with that Murican-Dream thing? a 'dream' that Greed is er, 'good' and on from --> there--in detail.)

This message brought you via NIhilists-'Nonymous, LLC,
the Brains-behind The Illuminati and Monty Python Does Ann Coulter
;-^>
New It's got its place.
Yeah, that stuff rattling around between our ears can convince us of things that really aren't. But there are levels of certainty about stuff in the world - everything isn't a question waiting to be answered.

For instance, we learned how to get out of deep recessions long ago. We know the answer. We do not need to ask a question about that. But that knowledge seems to have been willfully discarded.

Saying "questions are more important than answers" strikes me as something that easily can be twisted into a manner of thinking that is very destructive. "Why study? Knowledge isn't important. What can we really know anyway? Sitting back and asking questions is much more satisfying (and much easier)..."

FWIW. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who fears he is overthinking this topic, but it's rubbing him the wrong way...)
New Well.. the Gnostics 'solved' That One!
We *KNOW* [!!! oblig.]
..thus outlining the root-fantasy of The Tea-Party, Human Events et silly-alia.

Still n'all we're stuck with variations of, [ascribed in various-wordings attrib. to A.E.]
~Problems created at one level of thinking cannot be solved at that same level of thinking.
(One can be momentarily-'Convinced' without the (er..) certain-folly of Certainty rearing its ugly-head.)

Heisenberg, Pauli, Gödel, Monty Python ... live in every language-[Referent]
(I call that, 'Cosmic Humour'. ymmv as always.)

New starting world war 3 isn't a really good idea
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Cutting government jobs in a recession isn't either, also.
New Excellent..
'Long-ish??' hardly! when you match-up the underlying theses with ... all those philosophical tomes waded-through because they were Required-on-a-test?
(Yeah that's Real Incentive™ to wanna "learn" fuck-all, innit?)

Kinda the Upanishads by-way-of Twain's War Prayer via some care about [Referents?] and I'd choose to deem this opus:
~ a shared-screed against (maybe..?) that lust-for Certainty
which motivates the crowd-shared Monkey-Minds of legions of folks with no Original questions whatsoever.

Because they never will Work for anything (any idea) which doesn't pay-off directly in $$ sooner/later.
(But even that ain't Work)--look in every Office--to steal mmoffitt's quip from Soviet times:
They pretend to pay us; we pretend 'to work'.
Yeah.. hangin out at zIWE Σ-hrs.'at-work' to pass. the. time. ... Ooops.

Anyway, Thanks;
it's more fun than any-old memorized Socratic algorithm.. so apt to confuse 'cleverness' with 'insight', when read mainly for a multiple-choice-Pass, next.

(Hell.. if/n ya can't hold THREE contradictory things in-mind simultaneously, y'aren't ready for a Cosmos THIS Hyarge at. all.)
New Muse revisited..
tHis little extended-koan struck me recently.. in face of the arfle-bargle mish-mosh of tortured word-excuses
--invented amidst yet another Pol tryin to CYA..
(By--of course!--attempting to rephrase-the-Question into irrelevancy [which the answers earlier had already achieved.])

Thanks again for coming across this world's first! Pure-white hunk of Obsidian.

Before you can successfully murder Language you must become skilled at torturing the little words, in whole-New Ways.
     Been a while since I've put anything here. - (folkert) - (10)
         long winded feller -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Really... - (folkert)
         Interesting, I guess. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Heh.. 'nihilism' yer bugaboo, Bunky? - (Ashton) - (4)
                 It's got its place. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     Well.. the Gnostics 'solved' That One! - (Ashton)
                     starting world war 3 isn't a really good idea -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Cutting government jobs in a recession isn't either, also. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Excellent.. - (Ashton)
         Muse revisited.. - (Ashton)

Thank God it's Friday!
107 ms