IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cute...
...so you spend how many words to try and do what...prove that we agree?

There is no contradiction...except possibly in the mind of this Reverend and yourself.

Bush can be Christian all he wants. His >job< is to represent the will of the citizens of the United States. Unfortunately for this Reverend...that will isn't always representative of what Jesus would do.

Oh well.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Actions != belief?
Bush can be Christian all he wants. His >job< is to represent the will of the citizens of the United States. Unfortunately for this Reverend...that will isn't always representative of what Jesus would do.
I believe this exact situation was covered in the Bible.

If I were you, I'd get a new Holy Book. You current one seems to contradict your beliefs.
New What's with the continued use of >your beliefs<?
I have never discussed my religious (or lack thereof) beliefs with you..nor anyone else on this board. Actually I have had discussions on religion with Imric...but not in this nor any other forum.

And to follow your lead...

Don't tell me what you believe...supply me the quote. Facts man...facts!

And since we agree in position..my assumption is that you are being difficult just to find fault >something</ANYTHING that I post?

New It's your Holy Book, not mine.
If you can't read it, that isn't my problem.

Otherwise, this should be moved to "Religion".
New Quote the passage, Brandioch.
And I guess >reading< isn't your strong point...in reference to the continued use of >your<.

Maybe moving it to Religion is a good idea...since I don't ever participate in that forum it would eliminate the right shift associated with your current behavior (that I've borrowed re: this post's title)

New Pay careful attention.
Note how my current style compares to your previous style.

Is this flattery or mockery?
New Ooh...
...deep.

New Yes it is covered in the new testament
Render unto ceasar that which is ceasar's So bush is happily rending away
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Taxes?
[link|http://www.beliefnet.com/story/20/story_2000_1.html|Taxing Topics]
New Take what you have and give it to the poor.
He was a Communist, you know ;-)
Expand Edited by mmoffitt May 9, 2002, 06:02:24 PM EDT
New Well.. you have to separate out some of his messages
Every group has its er esoteric, mesoteric and exoteric circles. It's only fair to consider this in interpreting some of the admonitions of Jesus or any of the other Avatars (well known, that is - many eschew notoriety, it seems).

Since "attachment" [to 'things'? 'the world of appearances'? ego? etc.] is said to be the major veil to ever realizing "one's position here" - pretty clearly.. a suggestion to, "give all your stuff to the poor" - is not meant for folks who dwell 100% 24/7 in "Caesar's realm". Imagine how yer average Suit-IQ (with his bare-MBA conditioning and zippo humanities experience / also little 'humanity') would "handle" such a thought (!)

These passages are - natch - the ones most apt to be either ridiculed, turned into some cockamamie 'interpretation' or otherwsie screwed up by the 'exoteric' masses (or by any antagonists). At the esoteric level - most popular religions suggest pretty much the same things, but you can't find this out via casual dabbling in Comparative Religion 101.

This certainly insures that most religion 'debates' shall soon become circular!

Ashton

ie. - dunno what JC might have thought about the various recipes for the masses to try to keep from offing each other. Marx wasn't around. I have No doubt though, that "horrified" would describe his response to what has been done in his name - past 2K years. Now if only he'd given his troops a better lecture.. on misogyny \ufffdQuien sabe?
New En Light in mints?
But isn't that the way with just about everything?

The message you take away is based upon your current awareness and that is based upon your past.

Now, whether the message you hear has anything to do with the message you were given.........

And the most profound messages are usually the ones most easily misunderstood. And the most difficult to fully comprehend.
New Nobody said that anything Neat is also Simple ;-)
I guess that a one's 'awareness' can be improved - there are certainly exercises aimed at that. And from a "better grade" of awareness [??] -- one builds further. Something like that.

(But none of that idea appears to work at the shallow level of 'interest' called curiosity. As to how one recognizes or cultivates Interest.. heh - we know what that is when we notice it.)

Wonder what it will take next, to get an actually Interesting President !? -- given that the only near-so one around since ~'60 - is only on Tee Vee fiction..

Cheers,

Ashton
     A letter from one christian to another - (Silverlock) - (25)
         Does Rich Lang want a return of Jimmy Carter? - (wharris2) - (23)
             No, he just doesn't want a liar professing to be xtian - (Silverlock) - (22)
                 No he didn't.. - (bepatient) - (21)
                     I think you miss a teeny tiny point - (Silverlock) - (20)
                         Agreement. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                             He was willing to use a horsewhip -NT - (boxley)
                         Not really. - (bepatient) - (17)
                             So he's a Christian, and starts a faith-based program... - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                 Incorrect assertion.. - (bepatient) - (15)
                                     Please don't use phrases you don't understand. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                                         Cute... - (bepatient) - (12)
                                             Actions != belief? - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                                 What's with the continued use of >your beliefs<? - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                     It's your Holy Book, not mine. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                         Quote the passage, Brandioch. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                             Pay careful attention. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                 Ooh... - (bepatient)
                                                 Yes it is covered in the new testament - (boxley) - (5)
                                                     Taxes? - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                         Take what you have and give it to the poor. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                             Well.. you have to separate out some of his messages - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                 En Light in mints? - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                     Nobody said that anything Neat is also Simple ;-) - (Ashton)
                                     We did turn the other cheek... - (rsf)
         I laughed when I read the end - (boxley)

Mandatory cayenne enemas would have the same effect.
66 ms