IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Other than name, looks like the same unit on Amazon.
Here:

http://www.amazon.co...E0QAFY/ref=sr_1_2

lick on "With Rechargeable Battery & Charger" for comparable SKU.
Alex
New for that price I'd order...
at least three or four. If they perform like mine I'd high-five the gods of internet commerce, and if they turned out to be low-performing knockoffs, I wouldn't be out a lot of scratch. If anyone here would care to order and report, I'll be all ears.

cordially,
New one ordered off of ebay $8.20 delivered same make model
as Alex's
why I hate ebay
found this and needed to own it, 2 left
http://cgi.ebay.com/...ADME:L:OC:US:1120
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New The linked product
...does not look as though it would light one's path of a dark night.

cordially,
New took delivery paid $12
FordEx Group 300lm Mini Cree Led Flashlight Torch Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp
from amazon id you had free shipping well worth $3.75
http://www.amazon.co...ble/dp/B006E0QAFY
I paid $12 from ebay because I had some mad money stashed in paypal/ Worth about $6 unless I bought a charger as well. Quite illuminating. I was impressed
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Thanks.
New ok full dark out back, my backyard is old growth forest
very bright to about 25 yards with a nice light spread. Pointed at the ground 10 ft in front it is stadium light bright, everything in stark relief.
New Let me know how it works out in the long run, please
...'cause if it performs properly, I'll likely order half a dozen as party favors. I've been most impressed with the performance of my (perhaps vastly overpriced) jobbie. Thanks.

cordially,
New very solidly built, using rayvac low end battery
those ones on amazon at $3.75 each I might just buy a case and let them sit. You paid a lot but how much of that was the charger and a much better battery
New I just ordered a couple with the battery and charger.
I'll report back when I've had a chance to use them a while.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Scott.
New They seem pretty good.
They're nice and solid, the threads are cut pretty cleanly. The battery was sealed in plastic and seemingly fully charged.

The lens slides fore and back about half an inch to change the focus.

It's got 3 modes - Bright, off, dim, off, and bright-flashing, off. It seems one has to cycle through all of them to go from bright to bright.

It's bright, but I don't think it's close to 300 lumens. It seems a little brighter than the Maglight XL100 I discussed earlier, but I don't have it here and am going on memory.

I haven't tried the charger yet.

It seems like a good deal. Here's hoping the LED lasts a while.

Thanks for the pointers RC, Box and all.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Update.
Thanks to Ashton to bringing this thread back.

The chargers are a little flimsy, but work. They are "universal" voltage (110-220V) and will charge the batteries to ~ 4.1-4.2V. One of the contacts slides in the holder so it can charge batteries of different lengths. The contact shape is Ok, but the battery will easily rotate and shift in the holder, so it's not the most confidence-inspiring design, but it works.

It is possible to quickly switch between the 3 modes on the flashlight. When the flashlight is on, gently pushing the button in ~ 1/4-1/2 way will quickly move to the next mode. Repeat to move to the next mode.

If the light won't come on, or comes on but won't switch to the next mode, then the battery needs to be charged (or replaced). When fully charged, the bright mode is very bright but not extremely bright.

It's a good bargain for the light. A better charger might be available, but might cost more. The bundle is convenient.

HTH!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Dunno...
They keep saying "300 lumens (MAX)". Basically, just before it blows up, it'll put out 300 lumens.

https://www.google.c...bv.52164340,d.b2I

If it's a Cree X-Lamp XE-R Q5 LED, then it's normally rated at 107 lumens at around 400 mA (or about 1.5W). In order to get 300 lumens, it would have to be driven at full power. If that is 7 watts at 3.7V, that is 1.9A. The battery would be drained very quickly.

Similarly with the 1000 lumen Cree flashlights - http://www.amazon.co...ght/dp/B005E48K6I for $7.37. It's a 10W LED.

http://www.cree.com/...ning/XLampXML.pdf

At 1 A drive current, the T6 version puts out 388 lumens; at 2 A drive current, it puts out 692 lumens. You've got to drive it very hard to get 1000 lumens from it. 10W/3.7V = 2.7A.

These things are extraordinarily bright, but they're not breaking records yet. There's a 4100 lumens (100 W) halogen flashlight out there for $200 that can set paper on fire... http://www.wickedlasers.com/torch

There is a claimed 3500 lumens LED thingy for around $300 - http://www.newegg.co...-_-9SIA1530T23465

Zooks...

But for < $10, those LED things at Amazon are very tempting... Maybe I'll get one on a lark.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Ordered 2x@7.50 ... maybe by T'sgiving [?] ... Crazy stuff:
Flashlights.. are approaching the absurdity of audiophoolery! So many people have more disposable-$$ than grey-cells to stifle their impulses.
Some narcissists just Have to Own a retina-obliterating n000 Lumen Death-ray
(another small-weenie psyche-Problem?)
It is to laugh (and put on welding-glasses, First.)

If.. odd noises? I need to check on possible [cat + raccoon] interactions.. but I don't want to blind Anything.

Deem anything >~400 Lumens.. Dangerous. Assholes! can't do Numbers (either.)
Rods/cones Have LIMITS, beyond which: permanent damage.
Do the fucking Math re energy/mm2 of retina!.. even if believable #s Are hard to find.

PHYSICS: don't leave HS w/out it.

{{sheesh}}

Ed: ^#&^@# non-ascii BS

Expand Edited by Ashton Sept. 20, 2013, 05:13:33 AM EDT
New Arrived.. only took about 5 weeks. Good value.
At $3.75 ea? Bargain. Beats most any filament-bulb elites of yesteryear. Lotta stuff in there for price of half-a-cup of coffee.
No programmable niceties (as might ration the juice a bit--should one be Really Lost in the outback). No es una problema.

The zoom feature is handy; normal spot-size and intensity will tell you what you want to know about where you're walking; zoom (to an image of the LED, in focus!)
and you can discern colors, see detail, over a rather small area but adequate to ID things.
Small, light enough for tiny pockets, so even if you have a more heroic model--this one is no burden.
Probably a good Solstice present as anyone can 'need' it ... if you order soon.
     fiax lux - (rcareaga) - (23)
         150 lumens? - (a6l6e6x) - (21)
             the unit received - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Re: the unit received - (a6l6e6x)
             Yikes! - (Another Scott) - (18)
                 Re: Yikes! - (rcareaga) - (17)
                     Thanks. - (Another Scott)
                     looks like a decent light at a reasonable price - (boxley)
                     Other than name, looks like the same unit on Amazon. - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
                         for that price I'd order... - (rcareaga) - (10)
                             one ordered off of ebay $8.20 delivered same make model - (boxley) - (9)
                                 The linked product - (rcareaga) - (8)
                                     took delivery paid $12 - (boxley) - (7)
                                         Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         ok full dark out back, my backyard is old growth forest - (boxley) - (2)
                                             Let me know how it works out in the long run, please - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                 very solidly built, using rayvac low end battery - (boxley)
                                         I just ordered a couple with the battery and charger. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             They seem pretty good. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Update. - (Another Scott)
                         Dunno... - (Another Scott)
                         Ordered 2x@7.50 ... maybe by T'sgiving [?] ... Crazy stuff: - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Arrived.. only took about 5 weeks. Good value. - (Ashton)
         Neat. Can't beat the price. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

Several ICLRPDs in there, but I'll let others pick out their favorites.
273 ms