IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks, Scott, but compulsory BS call is warranted.
And yes, before I get started, I agree with the vast majority of the commenteriat here that absent massive path dependency and being able to make policy behind a veil of ignorance, I would not choose the US model or the modifications to the model that are being made by Obamacare. I would have chosen a far more comprehensive single payer system that is not a kludge of multiple previous kludges. However, that is not the world that we live in, so I am assuming profit seeking insurance companies will be around for a while.

There are two things worth noting here. The first is that he concedes (as does anyone with any experience in the healthcare delivery system or the healthcare insurance industry) that a single payer system is superior to what we have and what the ACA provides. The second is a false statement that you, Scott, and other supporters of the ACA repeat sic ad nauseum. "However, that is not the world that we live in ..." Canada didn't "live in that world" either when they switched. Saying, "We can't do it here" is just, well, idiotic. All it takes is leadership. And I'll grant we are leaderless.
New It also takes some followership
--

Drew
New Um, really?
How much exactly? Obviously more than 2/3rds of any given population, right? Because that's about the number of "followers" of the Single Payer idea in this country circa 2008/2009. You know, when Obama was telling Senator Baucus not to seat any Single Payer advocates at his hearing.

New Wrong population ... it's what percent of Congress
--

Drew
New It's not the end of the story...
http://www.balloon-j.../#comment-4602780

60. Jane2 says:
September 5, 2013 at 11:01 pm

I think Obamacare is as far as it could be taken at the present. If you read the history of Medicare in Canada, a modified insurance system was also the genesis of the comprehensive health care system in place today.

http://www.balloon-j.../#comment-4602081

29. Yatsuno says:
September 5, 2013 at 2:11 pm

@Hungry Joe: It only takes one state to take that plunge. Vermont pretty much sealed that deal when they got the waiver for single payer. After that happened, the game was over. But the real stab in that heart will be California, should that Democratic majority try for it again.

Those ponies and rainbows might be coming quicker than you (and I) expected. ;-)

[edit: Wrong linky for #2]

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Sept. 6, 2013, 10:22:14 AM EDT
New I expect no immediate miracles. ;0(
     One for MM and all: Health insurance bureaucrat posts at B-J - (Another Scott) - (16)
         Thanks, Scott, but compulsory BS call is warranted. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
             It also takes some followership -NT - (drook) - (2)
                 Um, really? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Wrong population ... it's what percent of Congress -NT - (drook)
             It's not the end of the story... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 I expect no immediate miracles. ;0( -NT - (mmoffitt)
         I remain mystified - (pwhysall) - (9)
             Follow the money. - (Another Scott)
             Indian Health Service is gummint dokterin - (boxley) - (2)
                 That's a BIA problem, not a gubmint health care problem. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     no, its government funding for people they dont give a shit - (boxley)
             Our federal government represents its constitutents. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                 What an insult! How DARE you call that their constituency! - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     No, he has an excellent excuse for omitting.. the next ... - (Ashton) - (2)
                         well, considering our age - (boxley) - (1)
                             Soylent Yellow; if nice-enough: maybe some Green? by 2030 - (Ashton)

Oh look... it's a dork!
247 ms