IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New one interesting piece
But the statement drew a pointed comparison between what it said was the scientific detail of the report and the far shorter intelligence summaries that the United States, Britain and France have released to justify their assertion that the Syrian government launched chemical weapons against Damascus suburbs on Aug. 21. The longest of those summaries, by the French, ran nine pages. Each relies primarily on circumstantial evidence to make its case, and they disagree with one another on some details, including the number of people who died in the attack.

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Meh.
Ultimately it comes down to who you think is more likely to be presenting the facts in the least disingenuous manner. We all get to make that choice.

We're not going to see the raw intelligence from either side, so the Russians crowing about their unreleased 100 page report is a bit disingenuous, it seems to me.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Olfactorily, the herring is red...
Whether, or not, somebody on either side of a local civil war, did something (icky/horrendous/normal if we did it) does not constitute a existential threat on the US. Both sides in the conflict abhor us. Willing to take weapons and hard cash, of course, but when they get done liberating themselves, we will have another enemy. Who is in power because of us.
Please, can we just walk away from this? In our society, we've been killing each other over stupidity for a couple centuries. These ginks have been doing the same for MILLENNIA. We're not in the same class. Their rich guys can give our rich guys master classes, and charge what they want. We have no business there at all. If, against all odds, we actually fixed something, there would be another civil war in a month*, so nothing done. At all.

*But what if we fixed it?? Bullshit. We haven't fixed our own civil war in over a century. Their civil war is WAY beyond our grasp.

New Excellent response.
I really can't add a thing.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"No snowflake in an avalanche eve feels responsible." --Fortune Cookie
New Hey here's a radical idea:
The west should only support groups in the ME whose first and only response is "No violence: let's sit down and talk"

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New I suppose it's a start
The alternative is to interdict the entire area until they come to a consensus. That should take twenty to thirty thousand years. That will be slightly expensive; it takes 10 to 15 years (years not thousands of years) to get the funds to repave the roads in our village. Suppose that instead of going through the ass-tiring routine of importing our "democracy" to the heathens we just pave the fucking place?
Beginning point...
Ending point...
flat and smooth...
Pick four places to turn left and you have the Nascar world home track!
And our village would still be sucking for streets.
To quote a scholar... meh...
New Erudite.. prescient! & fun, because
all True: in Not *One* of our 'interdictions', from 'the Korean police action' on, has the World been left "in a better place"; the only guaranteed-Winners pre- during- post these actions have been..
the likes of Cheney, Murdoch, millionaire-Bloviators and all arms dealers.
[Possible exception..? Kososvo]

Muricans can't even refrain from terminal-Language Murder.. hardly a promising prerequisite for inflicting Vulture Capitalism on any innocents, I wot.
(I can't even be moved to tot-up the #Failed States™ created by/subsequent-to various degrees of our er, Help?)..

Maybe we can get back to: the Over-Population Bomb, soon?
All the World's a stage (to coin a phrase)--but When.. Ever have you been in a theatre where everyone has to have another person On Her Lap?
(No, I haven't yet addressed the Problem of WHICH-?-oligarchs shall transmute their $Bs into $Ts--via any such global aim; you'd have to be a congenital-Repo to swim in that swamp.)

Carrion.
     russia chimes in with a report on chem weps used by - (boxley) - (8)
         I'm sure the US has hundred-page reports too. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             one interesting piece - (boxley) - (6)
                 Meh. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Olfactorily, the herring is red... - (hnick) - (4)
                         Excellent response. - (folkert)
                         Hey here's a radical idea: - (static) - (1)
                             I suppose it's a start - (hnick)
                         Erudite.. prescient! & fun, because - (Ashton)

is there more coffee... can I have another cup... you wanna cup I can make some more... I have alot... I mean I have this pot here... but its almost gone and its been sitting there for 10 minutes anyway... I should make more... did I ask if you needed coffee??? do you??? need coffee I mean...
44 ms