IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

The Afghans returned, though in substantially lesser numbers, throughout the holiday weekend, but on Labor Day they crossed the line: on the other side of the river two men attempted to transport a burning brazier—a rectangular barbecue tray measuring approximately thirty by fourteen inches—at shoulder height through (not under) a stand of young ponderosa pines preparatory to conducting a feast on Forest Service land, where any sort of open fire is prohibited (at least in this particular tract) outside any designated camping or picnic area. The fucking flames from this thing were visible from the other side of the river. Northern California happens to be tinder-dry after a prolonged drought, and the sky was already smoky from the massive "Rim Fire" threatening Yosemite National Park 150 miles away. We homegrown male habitués of this stretch of river then rose up as one man and advanced on the intruders, shouting and gesticulating (think of the protohuman threat displays in Kubrick's 2001, only with hairless and considerably paunchier primates screeching and brandishing improvised weapons). They seemed quite puzzled—someone suggested afterward that perhaps Afghanistan is now sufficiently deforested that this sort of conduct is not deemed a hazard back home—and also initially disposed to contest the issue, but perhaps the spectacle of half a dozen elderly fat white guys in bathing attire descending upon them was too weird for them to process, and they retreated to conduct their picnic under the bridge, still illegally but no longer as certain to burn down the entire Alder Creek tract.

I repeat: These clowns were attempting to transport an open fire at shoulder height through pine trees, between their lower and upper branches. Fuck. Me.

cordially,
New Ya done good. Thanks.
New I tried to warn you about Afghanis.
I haven't trusted them since 3 of them mugged my father in a hotel in Soviet Russia and I, at the tender age of 9, had to recruit my KGB agent and several Russian men to rescue my dad who had already been beaten for his watch.
New See, a personal KGB man IS good for something after all!
New Never have I suggested otherwise, Comrade. ;0)
New In the Fifties, anybody who was anybody in Finnish society..
...had a "House Russian".
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     xenophobia! - (rcareaga) - (12)
         My tribe is bigger than your tribe! - (a6l6e6x)
         Lookin fer loopholes.. (dons shyster bow-tie, boutonniere) - (Ashton) - (2)
             Afghans, I'm now told - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Read the "Kite Runner". - (a6l6e6x)
         To be fair... - (static)
         mousetraps over your stuff, the noise? oh well - (boxley)
         postscript - (rcareaga) - (5)
             Ya done good. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
             I tried to warn you about Afghanis. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 See, a personal KGB man IS good for something after all! -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     Never have I suggested otherwise, Comrade. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         In the Fifties, anybody who was anybody in Finnish society.. - (CRConrad)

More fun than a fart in a spacesuit.
50 ms