IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Um, passwords on slips of paper aren't too secure...
http://delong.typepa...gust-30-2013.html

DeLong quotes David Barrett:
The government’s statement claims possession of the documents by Mr Miranda, Mr Greenwald and the Guardian posed a threat to national security, particularly because Mr Miranda was carrying a password alongside a range of electronic devices on which classified documents were stored…. Oliver Robbins… said….

The information that has been accessed consists entirely of misappropriated material in the form of approximately 58,000 highly classified UK intelligence documents… the disclosure of this information would cause harm to UK national security… among the unencrypted documents… was a piece of paper that included the password for decrypting one of the encypted files on the external hard drive recovered from the claimant… a sign of very poor information security practice…. Even if the claimant were to undertake not to publish or disclose the information that has been detained, the claimant and his associates have demonstrated very poor judgement in their security arrangements with respect to the material rendering the appropriation of the material, or at least access to it by other, non-State actors, a real possibility.

Brainiacs all around on the Greenwald team... :-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New They might be giants*h*h er brainiacs
if the logic described re. spy-lore is behind a certain shell-game, here.
(Personally I think that GG is smart enough to know that He Doesn't Know enough spycraft to out-sleuth the sleuths.)
I'd think that he has been assisted/tutored by some?/enough? crypto-ept folk / and is also smart enough to have followed their Rx implicitly.

But what do I know-- or, thus far, the UK sleuths??
What was that movie w/Michael Caine re recursive simultaneous murder plots/nope-a-ploy!/then more plots ... ..?

Hey! maybe it Was.. Sleuth!
er, qed
New Let me see if I've got this straight
They're actually saying that these guys, who had access to secret data they shouldn't have had, are in even worse trouble because they didn't take appropriate steps to protect it.

Wasn't that Snowden's argument?

[edit] tyop
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Aug. 31, 2013, 05:05:58 PM EDT
New What part of that doesn't make sense to you?
</snark>
     Um, passwords on slips of paper aren't too secure... - (Another Scott) - (3)
         They might be giants*h*h er brainiacs - (Ashton)
         Let me see if I've got this straight - (drook) - (1)
             What part of that doesn't make sense to you? - (mmoffitt)

Ships were made for sinking, whiskey made for drinking. If we were made of cellophane we'd all get stinking drunk quite faster! Ah, ha, ha!
39 ms