IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The Aldi's I've been in looked like a ghost town. :-/
New Depends on the neighborhood
My wife's first Aldi's experience was in college. For years after she wouldn't even go in one, thinking that one was representative. I finally got her to try the one in our neighborhood. It's low-budget, but clean and well stocked. She couldn't believe it was the same chain.
--

Drew
New I've only seen a couple.
One outside Dayton that had about 30 feet between the racks of shelves and had a very poor selection, it was poorly lit, and the parking lot was nearly empty (but it was in the early afternoon - not a normal shopping time).

One around here that I stopped in briefly while looking for some obscure ingredient or other. It was much better stocked, but still had a lot of empty space.

After shopping at Trader Joe's (which is nearly too tightly packed and always very busy), stopping in those Aldi's was a bit of a shock. Here's hoping they find a way to do well - the big chains need more competition, especially in lower-income neighborhoods.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Nearly every single Aldi around here...
Built a Store.

The one that didn't got a store the same size they normally built and remodeled it.

I have to tell you, the Aldi stores around here are jammed nearly all hours they are open and have a LOT of different things.

Most of the food items there are excellent quality and taste great, some are better tasting/quality than "leading brands" and nearly always are equivalent.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New "Aldi", godfuggindammit
New You haven't been to "Kroger's", I take it? :-p
New Didn't feel like looking it up
So I relied on ... oh.
--

Drew
New rofl.
New A local grocery opened up near us.
Initially they rented a place. Then they built their own, well, it most closely resembles a pole barn. The wife *always* shops there and it's owned an operated by a local family. Good selection, but you never know exactly what brands they'll have, at really fantastic prices.
     'Wal-Mart's Worst Nightmare' - (lincoln) - (12)
         sounds similar to Aldi's -NT - (boxley) - (9)
             The Aldi's I've been in looked like a ghost town. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                 Depends on the neighborhood - (drook) - (6)
                     I've only seen a couple. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Nearly every single Aldi around here... - (folkert)
                     "Aldi", godfuggindammit -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         You haven't been to "Kroger's", I take it? :-p -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Didn't feel like looking it up - (drook) - (1)
                             rofl. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 A local grocery opened up near us. - (mmoffitt)
         Speaking of Costco ... - (drook) - (1)
             Agree - (malraux)

Oops. Wrong hat.
53 ms