IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Uh-oh
There have been problems with programs that supply their own MAPI DLL since M$ came up with that API. Netscape was notorious for breaking Outlook 98 if you let it make itself the default e-mail client. Keeping/restoring the Outlook DLL is best. Everything else seems to be a lot less picky and will work with that DLL.

Given that it's an other M$ DLL that is causing you grief, you may be OK, but as it is bound to be an older one... Keep an eye out for crashes in Outlook, or any other program you send mail from. Most likely cause will be the replaced MAPI DLL.
New Not quite the case
My understanding of the technet article referenced in my previous post is that the new Outlook XP uses it's own mapi32.dll instead of the shared one in the system32 directory. In other words a bogus error message.
K-mart. The company that beat Microsoft in customer satisfaction.
New Yes and no...
According to this [link|http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q266418|KB Q266418], Outlook 2K+ installs a stub mapi32.dll in win\\system32 which routes calls to the "real" mapi32.dll further down the directory tree. Exchange overwrote that stub with a real mapi32.dll file. Nifty...

It may be just me, but perhaps "Gordian" would be a good replacement for "XP" in next year's version of things...
New Gah...
That's just wrong. I guess I'll have to let outlook replace the file. I haven't noticed any problems though. Heavy email use and lots of Exchange admin stuff without a hiccup.
K-mart. The company that beat Microsoft in customer satisfaction.
     Alarming error message - (Silverlock) - (5)
         It's almost as if... - (Meerkat)
         Uh-oh - (scoenye) - (3)
             Not quite the case - (Silverlock) - (2)
                 Yes and no... - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Gah... - (Silverlock)

What kind of monster says “take care”?
36 ms