IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gnucleus, waiting more hosts needed
I got like 116 hosts from the "Re-search" option and I still get that "waiting, more hosts needed" on like 20 different files. Yet people can download from my hard drive just fine, but I cannot download from theirs. I evolved it to the latest version and still have the problem. No beta evolvutions, just the final releases. Windows 98SE as the host OS. My IP is 192.*.*.* and I use a hardware router to conect to my DSL modem. I have the "I'm behind a firewall" turned on, and I tried it with it off and got the same results.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Did you set up
your firewall to forward the proper ports to your PC?

IIRC, gnutella doesn't work if both parties are entirely hidden by NAT...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Yes I did
sometimes I can download just fine, but most of the time, I cannot.

Also my modem "clicks" every once in a while, but I don't have a phone line attached to it since I installed the DSL. I got the Internet setup Wizard set to LAN and have no dial-up accounts set up on it. Any idea why it clicks? I didn't do that until I evolved Nucleus to the new version.

New Hmm.
Did you try removing dial-up networking then? *grin*

You could always put it back later...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New I did that
I also hooked the DSL modem directly to my system and it seems to have the same thing. That means it was no longer behind a firewall, and had a valid Internet IP address and had the "I'm behind a firewall" option turned off.

I assume it must be a bug in Gnucleus.

I removed the Dial-up adapter and the same thing happens, *groan*! Why is it flipping on the modem speaker, or is it a different program that is doing it? You know, the noise it makes before it dials, that "click" before the dialtone comes up. It gets annoying and it does it about every 15 minutes that Gnucleus is loaded.

New Router woahs
I did a factory reset of my router because the admin password no longer worked today *bogle*. I upgraded the Firmware and changed the admin password.

Somehow I have a 192.168.0.0 on the net, but I cannot ping to it. Is this someone piggybacking off my router somehow? Or is this a reserved address the router uses for some other function? It is not a wireless router, only Ethernet 10/100 connections via cables. I have no wireless equipment attached to it.

Dlink DI-804 if that helps anyone. I hope the Firmware upgrade keeps the attackers out.

Gnucleus, waiting more hosts needed - (orion) - (5)
         Did you set up - (imric) - (3)
             Yes I did - (orion) - (2)
                 Hmm. - (imric) - (1)
                     I did that - (orion)
         Router woahs - (orion)

Shock the monkey!
40 ms