IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How's the USB connection?
I stumbled across a mention that USB mass-storage mode was removed from 4.3. I'd really miss that if that were so.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New It seems fine.
Sorry for the delay.

I just turned the N4 on, let it wake up and finish downloading some app updates. Then I plugged it in to this Win7 laptop and looked in Winders Explorer. The Nexus 4 shows up as a drive:

Nexus 4
- Internal Storage
-- .mmsyscache
-- Alarms
-- Android
-- chimani
-- DCIM
-- Download
etc.
etc.

I copied a bunch of photos from it (-Internal Storage -- DCIM -- Camera) to the laptop via the Winders GUI just fine.

In short, it seems the USB access to the internal storage (still) works fine.

Android Version 4.3
Build number - JWR66V

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks.
And no worries about the delay. I'm very used to overnight replies! :-D

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New One thing to check.
A guy at work has one (as I do) and we both noticed that when we plug in our phones to our workstations for charging via a usb cable, the phone will not charge if it is turned on. If you turn it off, it charges just fine.
New That is a function...
that the operating system mode works.

If you don't let the OS access the phone as mass storage or pptp (or whatever the mode is called)... then it will charge.

Happens in OSX and Linux (Debian in this case), Only in OSX if you have the "android transfer agent"
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Charging while on via wall socket still works.
I'm not debating whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. I just pointed it out in case Scott (or anyone else) is like me in this regard: I'm in the habit of leaving my phone on and plugging it into the USB cable off my work computer. Until the update, that charged my phone. Now, it doesn't. If you're in the same habit and don't know that the update caused the phone not to charge when connected in this manner, you might end your workday with a dead phone. Of course, if you need to leave it on and charge at the same time, you can always plug it into an outlet.

New Thanks for the info. I'll check it when I can...
     Nexus 4 updated to Jelly Bean 4.3 this morning. - (Another Scott) - (9)
         How's the USB connection? - (static) - (6)
             It seems fine. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 Thanks. - (static)
                 One thing to check. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     That is a function... - (folkert) - (2)
                         Charging while on via wall socket still works. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Thanks for the info. I'll check it when I can... -NT - (Another Scott)
         Nexus 7 (older model) did it last night. - (crazy) - (1)
             NP :-) -NT - (Bman)

Where did you *think* lerpadisms come from?
129 ms