Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New For Christian ... and music video lovers
http://www.woot.com/...ocks-finland-1981
--

Drew
New thats singular innit? /me flees
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Wot -- you think you're the only outmoded old geezer around?
New Thank you!And remember, at the time Finland and the Finns...
...meant nothing more to me than "some of the men Dad works with, and their children, some of my classmates." The burning of Rovaniemi having been presented as "Als Dank für nicht bewiesene Waffenbrüderschaft"(*), and all that, were things I learned of only years later.

Here's a (very) loose translation of the refrain:
The ghetto of Warsaw
Surrounded by the Wehrmacht
to whom you never are
imposing, gun in hand
around you Joe Schmoes(?) and Fritzes(?)
and on top of that the Focke-Wulfs
takes a new kind of courage
comparing blood to water like this,
so forwards it is.
i.e, it seems to be in praise of the uprising in the Warsaw ghetto, mainly on the grounds of admiring the sheer chutzpah (heh) -- or should that be sisu? -- of it. I think.

I'm particularly proud of the last two lines; at least they rhyme.

[Edit:] Oh yeah, almost forgot: Here https://www.youtube....tch?v=zz2N5y225D8 is a link to a better-quality copy of the same video.

---
(*): "In thanks for brotherhood-in-arms disproven"
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
Expand Edited by CRConrad Aug. 8, 2013, 08:52:41 PM EDT
New world class smirking fur sure
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     For Christian ... and music video lovers - (drook) - (4)
         thats singular innit? /me flees -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Wot -- you think you're the only outmoded old geezer around? -NT - (CRConrad)
         Thank you!And remember, at the time Finland and the Finns... - (CRConrad) - (1)
             world class smirking fur sure -NT - (boxley)

Mmm... flame-roasted newbie...
62 ms