1. Damn, NVidia's driver and upgrade infrastructure (the "GeForce Experience") is slick. I just upgraded my graphics driver and PhysX bits and all I saw was a single brief blank of the screen.

2. Damn, Acer's website is a bag of shite. The son came over last night and we ate Chinese whilst rebuilding his laptop, in which the hard disk had died. Firstly Acer had managed to build a laptop for which Windows didn't have a wifi driver, and then they managed to build a website where the link to detect your laptop (like HP, they seem to say "Well, we need more SKUs. What was the question again?") 404s, the manual search puts the results so far down the web page that if you don't scroll down you don't actually see them and there's no indication that your search found anything. And then to cap it off the SKU in question has at least two wireless variants (Broadcom and Atheros) and four video options. What the hell, Acer?

The cherry on the turd is that Acer's download site pumps stuff out at a spritely 90Kbps.

Talk about hating your customers. Gave up, went here:

http://www.intel.com...US/support/detect

And downloaded the relevant chipset and video doin's at non-1990s speeds.