IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bad news good news
My 4 year old Sony 52 inch LCD TV was acting funny
So I call Ross TV repair they came out and told me that the LCD was bad
So I looked on the Sony website to find out that the extended warranty was extended to April of 2014 on the LCD panel
So I call Sony and for free they are sending me a remanufactured 52 inch TV with a 2 year warranty
I will have it next week all I have to do is send back the old TV which will be done for free :)
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New Neat.
New Hey...
That ain't fair.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Re: Hey...
why isn't it fair?
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
New Because.
You get new stuff and I'm stuck not getting new stuff.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New Re: Because.
Sorry :)
New If it helps
I just got a new filter for my camera. (Formatt Hitech 100mm 0.9 hard grad)

Explaining to people that I just spent £45 on a piece of resin that's dark at the top and light at the bottom is...

...interesting.
New Re: If it helps
Nice toy
waiting to see some pics
New It hasn't arrived.
Amazon will be feeling my ire on the subject of Prime later today.

According to a cow-orker, it's worth yanking Amazon's chain on the subject, because if they've demonstrably failed to meet the criteria (and in these days of package tracking, it's easy to show) they're pretty good about bunging you a couple of weeks extra Prime by way of apology.

Prime is great, when it works.

BTW, what you should see is more of the same but with better-exposed foregrounds because I'll have another stop of exposure available.
New Prime's good.
In the many years of using Amazon, I think they've only messed up an order once. I ordered 2 of something, they shipped the first one out quickly, but I waited a couple of weeks for the 2nd and though their web site said it had shipped, it never arrived. There was tracking information but the shipper claimed that the number didn't match anything.

I contacted Amazon and they sent the other one superfast (it wasn't same day delivery, but almost).

Another good experience with them was a TV order. I ordered a used "like new" 50" plasma TV from their "warehouse sales" unit. (I'd previously gotten a 42" LCD that was indeed like new and nearly $200 less than their usual new price.) It arrived, I helped the delivery guy unbox it and we plugged it in before assembling it. It only buzzed and no picture displayed. :-( We finally look at it at the appropriate angle and saw that the screen was shattered. :-( We boxed it back up and he took it with him.

:-(

I kept waiting for another to appear for sale, but it didn't happen.

I got a refund from Amazon a day or so after they got it back.

What was surprising was that I got a $50 additional refund of shipping charges a few days later even though shipping was free under Prime. And I never asked for it.

Amazon's been very good to us. Prime's nice in that we no longer have to wait around to have $25 worth of stuff to get free shipping - we can order things whenever we think of them. They seem to have enough sense to wait a few hours before shipping stuff to us so that if we order 3 times in a few hours, they often end up in the same package. We also occasionally get stuff a day faster than Prime's "2nd day" delivery commitment, but that is fairly rare.

Amazon's a behemoth of a company, and they're often not uniquely the cheapest on electronics and the like (B&H is sometimes cheaper and often has free shipping too), but it's nice that as they've gotten huge they still at least go through the motions of having competitive prices and good service. In contrast, I haven't bought much of anything from NewEgg in years because too much of their stuff now seems to be at MSRP or at least far more than Amazon.

Oh, and J recently ordered a $8 travel book from Amazon and eventually realized she already had a copy or that she didn't want it. She went through the returns web page and it said to keep the book and they would credit her account. (I guess the paperwork and handling stuff wasn't worth the trouble to them, or they wanted to keep her happy, or something.)

</ramble>

Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Hey.. don't use up all your good karma in one decade!
(Didn't you get a freebie Apple too, a while back?)

I Hates It.. when I lose out on the gratuities..
And someone else Doesn't.
[Busted.]
New FML!!
so the replacement TV that sony sent me is no good
they will send me another one in about 7to 10 biss days
New Sorry...
Tough 1st world problems like this suck!

But then in 3rd world places, they'd be happy to have a broken one! :P

Just kidding, hope things work out for you.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New 1st world?
Just HOW big is that TV?
New Re: 1st world?
52 inch
New Sorry, but par for the course
"Refurb" has become an abbreviation for "inheriting the previous owner's problem". Nobody seems to be able/care enough to actually get to the root of the problem any longer.

We had a similar experience with our own TV a couple of years ago. Lucky for us, Costco took the thing back for credit following a second failed attempt to get the original rebadger (Westinghouse) to replace the thing under warranty.

I've seen this devolve over the last 10 years or so dealing with equipment repair at work. At some point, we turned in a broken HP DeskJet. 6 months later, as part of another service call swap, we got the first printer back exhibiting the same symptoms we orginally sent it back for.
New Re: Sorry, but par for the course
Well at least it come with a full 2 year warranty
so its all covered for free

so if they don't get it right they just keep sending TV's for free
New And you continue without a working TV. :-(
I wouldn't give them more than another try or so without investigating your state Lemon Laws. Your time and mental health becomes more valuable as you get older, at least I've found that to be the case.

Here's hoping the next one is perfect.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: And you continue without a working TV. :-(
will the TV works just fine its a back light problem
I can still watch TV just fine
New Wishing you well
In our case, it turned out returning the broken refurb was handled outside of the normal warranty group. "limbo" is the nicest way to describe the place we ended up in. The drone on the phone could not handle the return, a manager was not available and "someone" was going to call us back within 3-5 business days. Needless to say the last part never happened.
New Re: Wishing you well
I've been handling everything right through Sony they have been handle it just fine
Thanks
Expand Edited by Bman Aug. 5, 2013, 10:50:03 PM EDT
     Bad news good news - (Bman) - (20)
         Neat. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Hey... - (folkert) - (7)
             Re: Hey... - (Bman) - (6)
                 Because. - (folkert) - (5)
                     Re: Because. - (Bman)
                     If it helps - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         Re: If it helps - (Bman) - (2)
                             It hasn't arrived. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Prime's good. - (Another Scott)
         Hey.. don't use up all your good karma in one decade! - (Ashton)
         FML!! - (Bman) - (9)
             Sorry... - (folkert) - (2)
                 1st world? - (crazy) - (1)
                     Re: 1st world? - (Bman)
             Sorry, but par for the course - (scoenye) - (5)
                 Re: Sorry, but par for the course - (Bman) - (4)
                     And you continue without a working TV. :-( - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Re: And you continue without a working TV. :-( - (Bman)
                     Wishing you well - (scoenye) - (1)
                         Re: Wishing you well - (Bman)

LRPDism spotted: Beavis And Butthead Cornholio Megamix
279 ms