IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sure...
Why not heap ALL the worlds problems on Enron... they are an easy target right now...

I'll bet they are in-fact secretly funding Osama Bin Laden, actually they probably Chartered those Planes and made sure they were full of Gas.

I'll even go as far to say that they also are funding the PLO and islamic terrorist groups...

Wait, anyone look into the Cuba and Bioterrorism, betchya they have money in it.

Feh!

Oh well so much for stirring up the bees... Gotta go get my Asbestos Bee Keepers uniform on...

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!

Remember folks: What do I usually do in these cases?
New I'm sure they're not the only reason things got bad...
Quite frankly, the California state legislators were IMO criminally negligent, the Shrub administration didn't help things, and I'm certain that other companies were involved. I do hope that people look at those things as well.

Still, it's nice to be somewhat vindicated after hearing all those people in other regions claiming that there was no corporate manipulation of the energy market...
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New You is right, I was just pointing out...
That when things are down, others tend to correlate things on top of you also...

To make it ... *AS IF* you had others things going on too... In other words... mud-slinging usually happens at the worst times...

New And its usually good...
...to really look into the motives of those slinging the mud.

A California legislator blaming Enron. I don't think they invented the crisis...they certainly took full advantage of it...but they didn't create it.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Being taken and opportunistic taking....
I guess that really sums it up, alot of people smelled blood and are really going after LOTS of things in the government.

The thing that get me the most is:

It never stops happening. Quid Pro Quo... is the standard, heck MS didn't even have to "extended" that one, just embrace it.

New What would you have had Bush do?
Impose federal regulations on a state market? (Other states have tried, and succeeded, with "real" deregulation, not California's regulated so-called deregulation.) I generally hold that the less interference from Washington D.C., the better - and if a state or locality gets into trouble, they deserve to stew in their own juices. (But then I think California, land of the fruits, nuts, and stupid lawmakers deserves to stew more so than most states.)
Famous last RPG quotes: "I'll just shoot this fireball down the dungeon passageway..."
New Well, I haven't had much time...
...to think up what he could do, but #1 would have been to get some relief for the non-Californian states (such as my home state, Washington) that were getting screwed over by the spew from California.

As I remember, the price gouging got WORSE outside of California, once the energy regulation committee (and no, I don't remember the name) clamped down on the California market, but then avoided clamping down anywhere else. Perhaps they should have done the opposite?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     "Smoking gun" in California energy price manipulation found. - (inthane-chan) - (7)
         Sure... - (folkert) - (6)
             I'm sure they're not the only reason things got bad... - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                 You is right, I was just pointing out... - (folkert) - (2)
                     And its usually good... - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Being taken and opportunistic taking.... - (folkert)
                 What would you have had Bush do? - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Well, I haven't had much time... - (inthane-chan)

He looks like a bad Geraldo Rivera cosplayer.
48 ms