IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Box & NightOwl: new Chicago tradition
http://sports.yahoo....ks-171317889.html

Joel Quenneville’s house gets toilet papered in celebration of his Blackhawks’ Stanley Cup win (Photos)

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain “Pudd’nhead Wilson’s New Calendar,” 1897
New Hehehe!
That was the most awesome ending to a Stanley Cup Playoffs as I've ever seen! The only thing that compares to those last two goals for me, would be when Mario Lemieux scored two goals in less than 3 seconds, I think it was, to win the cup back in the 90's!

Definitely a game to remember!

Don't know what I'm going to do though, without hockey now to help me channel all the stress I've been having with my parents. It has truly been a help.

Brenda

p.s. But does anyone know why Chicago likes the song "Chelsea's Dagger?" it doesn't have one word about Chicago in it, unless I'm missing some obscure reference?

Expand Edited by Nightowl June 26, 2013, 02:29:34 PM EDT
New Re: Hehehe!
from Wikipedia:

"Chelsea Dagger" has been played over stadium sound systems before and after many football matches, and has frequently been played at other sporting events as well. League One side Yeovil Town play the song after a goal is scored at their stadium Huish Park. Since moving to the Juventus Stadium in 2011, Italian Serie A side Juventus F.C. does the same, as does Scottish First Division outfit Raith Rovers. English Championship side Nottingham Forest, who have used it for quite sometime as well as Perth Glory in the Australian Hyundai A-League.

Outside of football, it is best known as the goal song of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks. The song was first used after owner Rocky Wirtz inherited the team from his father, Bill, and introduced more up-tempo music in an effort to attract younger fans.[4] The song became a sensation during the Blackhawks' run to the Stanley Cup in 2010.[5] The Blackhawks' top farm team, the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League, also use it as their goal song. The success of the Blackhawks has led "Chelsea Dagger" to be adopted as a goal song by other hockey teams as well[citation needed].

During the Blackhawks' run to winning the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals, Chicago Symphony Orchestra conductor Riccardo Muti created an orchestral arrangement of the song.[6]

Long before the Chicago Blackhawks the song was used to mock Chelsea Football Club by rival supporters due to Chelsea purchasing high priced players and also used to mock Manchester United Striker Wayne Rooney for his penchant for prostitutes.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Chelsea_Dagger

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain “Pudd’nhead Wilson’s New Calendar,” 1897
New Aha!
Chelsea is apparently a section of Chicago, in Lincoln Square, like Chinatown, for example.

Thanks for the info, Lincoln!

Brenda
"Stive 951"
New SPAMMER prep?
If not stive951, you best introduce yourself purty dern quick
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
     Box & NightOwl: new Chicago tradition - (lincoln) - (5)
         Hehehe! - (Nightowl) - (4)
             Re: Hehehe! - (lincoln) - (3)
                 Aha! - (Nightowl) - (2)
                     Re: Aha! - (stive951) - (1)
                         SPAMMER prep? - (folkert)

I said, "Forget the cods, Gill, this guy's gonna need a sturgeon." Well, the yellowtail was impressed with the way I landed her boyfriend. She came over to me, she said, "Hey, big boy. You're really a game fish. What's your name?" I said, "Marlin."
57 ms