IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ping: Are we there yet, Papa Gryge?
New Are you reading *everything* you missed?
--

Drew
New Well, that was so old I'd forgotten . . .
. . that I'd ever posted anything in General Q&A. Anyway, here it is:

Access Denied to Registry Key This includes the dreaded error 0x90070005 which particularly comes up when uninstalling AVG Antivirus (Note: backslashes replaced by virtical line due to IWeThey display).
  1. Log in as Administrator
  2. Download or copy the Microsoft command line program subinacl.msi and run it to install. Tell it to install in C:|subinacl.msi to reduce typing.
  3. Open Command window and change Directory: cd |subinacl
  4. In this step, substitute the registry key you are having problems with. The one shown here is the one usually giving problems with AVG.
    1. subinacl /keyreg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|SOFTWARE|Microsoft|Windows NT|CurrentVersion|Windows" /owner=Administrator
    2. subinacl /keyreg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|SOFTWARE|Microsoft|Windows NT|CurrentVersion|Windows" /grant=Administrator=f
    3. subinacl /keyreg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|SOFTWARE|Microsoft|Windows NT|CurrentVersion|Windows" /grant=SYSTEM=f
  5. You should now be able to open the key. Check advanced permissions and you will probably find one or more entries that say Deny Everyone. Delete these.
  6. Now set up the exact permissions you need, if different from what's there automatically.
Solution by William Crawford.
     Finally had to do it. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
         And now you're posting it here for posterity? -NT - (drook) - (4)
             Not quite - yet . . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 Ping: Are we there yet, Papa Gryge? -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     Are you reading *everything* you missed? -NT - (drook)
                     Well, that was so old I'd forgotten . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

I never trusted P.E. teachers, I'll tell you that.
89 ms