Don't recall the exact context that led to suggesting this unique collaboration 'twixt Lord Byron and Robert Schumann; the result of these two chimerical figures is a kind of tone poem, all metaphysical in scope.
Prolly lots in Googling same, haven't been moved to look lately if someone has transcribed the 'original' Beecham / Royal Philharmonic O. 'Best': I have that LP (M2L-245) from way before the Transistorized Society dropped on us.
(Have heard that there are some performances in execrable-mp3, that suppurating wart on the rectum of sensitive souls everywhere==Don't Bother.)

Will delve further into who Must have saved this seminal recording, perfectly executing (Byron's own angst; "Manfred" is He!) A trip to the Underworld.. to rescue the beloved Astarte--is the back-story. Many wry quips abound
(including Manfred's dismissal of a priest attempting to offer him absolution ... and like that.)
Schumann was a genius, reminiscent of Mendelssohn, and the overture to Manfred is deemed among his best work.

Anyway.. listening to this with no techno-distractions, from a proper mood (?) can, for a time replace today's fungible 'questions' with all those intimations of the er, ineffable, abetted by a decent Symph. O.
Hmmm, local academics might also have a handle on a copy.

(My music system is in disarray, as the cones have rotted (foam surrounds, yet) on my Ed Long super-speakers; unclear what medium I might copy-to, as well. Do have decent Linn-Sondek LP-12 tt and ancillary stuff.. whenever. Gotta find a really ept repairer of esoteric drivers.. from the late '70s / little idea where even to begin that search.)

Catch ya later,

I.