IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Hola Dan!
Breathe, Ash, breathe. I miss you too! :-)

I am also looking forward to the GC but am hoping that it will be at least on pay per view. Who knows, maybe you or I can claim rights to pyro-in-chief and at least spark a couple of embers.

Not entirely sure I completely understand the Manfred reference (unless I'm wrapped up like a deuce, you know, the runner in the night?)

I was quite surprised and pleased that you all still have a vibrant community going. I am still wrapped in the throws of raising chilluns and watching high fallutin' football folks fabricating females here in SB…

I still have you phone number in my cell phone (from carrier to carrier from phone to phone) from the missed attempt many years back when I was in Cuppertino… It is exactly what triggered me to check z.iwethey.org in my browser. So, yes, in essence, it is all YOUR fault.
New Re: Hola Dan! (Manfred)
Don't recall the exact context that led to suggesting this unique collaboration 'twixt Lord Byron and Robert Schumann; the result of these two chimerical figures is a kind of tone poem, all metaphysical in scope.
Prolly lots in Googling same, haven't been moved to look lately if someone has transcribed the 'original' Beecham / Royal Philharmonic O. 'Best': I have that LP (M2L-245) from way before the Transistorized Society dropped on us.
(Have heard that there are some performances in execrable-mp3, that suppurating wart on the rectum of sensitive souls everywhere==Don't Bother.)

Will delve further into who Must have saved this seminal recording, perfectly executing (Byron's own angst; "Manfred" is He!) A trip to the Underworld.. to rescue the beloved Astarte--is the back-story. Many wry quips abound
(including Manfred's dismissal of a priest attempting to offer him absolution ... and like that.)
Schumann was a genius, reminiscent of Mendelssohn, and the overture to Manfred is deemed among his best work.

Anyway.. listening to this with no techno-distractions, from a proper mood (?) can, for a time replace today's fungible 'questions' with all those intimations of the er, ineffable, abetted by a decent Symph. O.
Hmmm, local academics might also have a handle on a copy.

(My music system is in disarray, as the cones have rotted (foam surrounds, yet) on my Ed Long super-speakers; unclear what medium I might copy-to, as well. Do have decent Linn-Sondek LP-12 tt and ancillary stuff.. whenever. Gotta find a really ept repairer of esoteric drivers.. from the late '70s / little idea where even to begin that search.)

Catch ya later,

I.
     Greenwald says the NSA is getting data on every Verizon call - (Another Scott) - (42)
         Some speculation it's related to the Boston Marathon bombing - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Is it time to go back to using semaphores? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 cloned cell phones -NT - (boxley)
                 I like those with Hershey's Dark Chocolate. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Just curious. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             You need to ask? - (Another Scott)
         Dave Simon (of The Wire) weighs in. - (Another Scott) - (14)
             so willing to let your owners tighten the leash - (boxley) - (11)
                 You've got me confused with someone else. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     sorry, I thought you were shrugging it off as no big deal -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         There's a difference between accepting Simon's argument... - (Another Scott)
                 Gruber: Google's comments on PRISM - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     Well, as long as they're getting the rubber stamp from FISA. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         sadly, that's true - (lincoln)
                         The thing is, I'm not too sure just what Google - (jake123) - (4)
                             You think we have some control of our government? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 More than you have over google - (jake123) - (2)
                                     Others, myself included have determined that we ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         And will continue to get. -NT - (folkert)
             There is no sensible oversight on the horizon. - (hnick) - (1)
                 have a free quiz, presidentially agnostic - (boxley)
         29 years later... - (danreck) - (20)
             Welcome back, stranger. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Re: Welcome back, stranger. :-) - (danreck)
             good to see ya man! -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Re: good to see ya man! - (danreck)
             Hola Dan! - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Re: Hola Dan! - (danreck) - (1)
                     Re: Hola Dan! (Manfred) - (Ashton)
             This time, you're staying - (pwhysall) - (5)
                 Knock, knock - (danreck) - (4)
                     Re: Knock, knock - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         Re: Knock, knock - (danreck) - (2)
                             Re: Knock, knock - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Little danger of that any more - (drook)
             A real pleasure seeing you again. -NT - (jake123) - (4)
                 Re: A real pleasure seeing you again. - (danreck) - (3)
                     It's been treating me pretty well - (jake123) - (2)
                         Re: It's been treating me pretty well - (jake123) - (1)
                             Re: It's been treating me pretty well - (danreck)
             AHHHH the Gold-Domed MFAC! - (folkert) - (1)
                 Re: AHHHH the Gold-Domed MFAC! - (danreck)

Gotta catch 'em all!
68 ms