IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gruber's GS4 review roundup.
http://daringfireball.net/

A sample:

Everyone I showed the GS4 to frowned and wrinkled their nose as if it smelled bad, before rubbing their fingers on the back of the phone and then handing it back to me — that’s the opposite of the standard reaction to HTC’s One, which everyone wants to ogle and hold.

I know Samsung wants cheap, distinctive, easy to assemble phone cases, but they really do seem to be missing the boat on tactile issues with these things. But they sell 10s of millions of them and make good profits, so they probably don't care what the enthusiast review sites say.

Cheers,
Scott.
New No one cares how it feels
They'll have a case on it before they leave the store.
--

Drew
New If I get one
I'll put a strip of sandpaper tape on the back, just like my Atrix.
New Heh.. don't even have a daily one, but: Al Punte!
Every one of these tiny suckers I've handled over the years Fails the 'sweaty palms' test == exactly like a bloody bar of soap in the shower.

Yours is the best antidote to silly-bling finishes yet.
(Still have a couple 'expired' units in car, hoping not to need the 911 feature, with my Veyron in a swamp somewhere. One is more hand-holdable than the other.)
New My 920 is glossy and surprisingly grippy
Although I never use it wearing gloves, which might be a different vessel of piscines.

As it's polycarbonate, it's hiding the wear very well indeed.

One thing that's better than the 800 is the little shiny insert around the camera - on the 800, it scuffed up to buggery almost instantly, whereas the 920's shiny insert seems to be made of adamantium.

Nokia really, really got their materials choice right with these phones.
New Haven't played with a Samsung.
TBH, I've been fairly happy with my two HTCs and I have friends who are very happy with theirs, too. By contrast, Samsung seems to create either near-rabid fans (I have one friend who has gone through three in two years) or very 'meh' users. I like the idea of the multi-tasking mechanism, but haven't played with it.

I'm still a year away from upgrading again, but I'm curious as to what Sony are doing with their Experia line.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
     Gruber's GS4 review roundup. - (Another Scott) - (5)
         No one cares how it feels - (drook) - (3)
             If I get one - (crazy) - (2)
                 Heh.. don't even have a daily one, but: Al Punte! - (Ashton)
                 My 920 is glossy and surprisingly grippy - (pwhysall)
         Haven't played with a Samsung. - (static)

Can anyone here PLAY this game??
212 ms