IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New looking for a gpl'ed Xwindows client for W2k
under a software audit and we dont have money for licenses. I dont want to use vnc. Used google and hotbot no joy.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Can use xwin32
The evaluation is indefinite.

The limitation is that you can only keep it open in 2 hour stretches...with a popup on the half hour.

Also...the first month has no such limitation.

Works like a charm if you are only periodically accessing machines.
Um...er...well...

I have no choice!

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New no eval software unless removed in 30 days
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Cygwin/XFree86
[link|http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/xfree/|Cygwin/XFree86]
--
Chris Altmann
New Ooooooh...!!
Now where was that when I wanted it a few years ago! Gratis X Servers for Windows suck. All of them. But that's because there wasn't a port of XFree... It looks really really interesting...

Wade, who is going to look at putting on his laptop just 'cause he can...

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New started to download it
and it looks as if you need darn near a complete linux install to make it work. After choking my disk with 180 megs I quit trying to download it.
thanx,
bill
Chuck Palahniuk
New Wimp! -- :)
I downloaded Red Hat 7.1 ~ 2.4 GB (4 CDs) in 12 hours. The Red Hat site is not the fastest for this.

Sometimes, being on Road Runner is a good thing.
Alex

Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not certain about the universe.
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
New I remember as a newbie uucp user
we decided to write a 8 bit serial driver for vpix (dos under unix sco at the time) well 7 bit kermit src was available so dialed into ucb at 1200 baud and started downloading the kermit subdir | lpr. Came back the nextmorning whith a wad of paper all over the floor and the still downloading. We wrote the first 8 bit terminal emulator for vpix with Fortune Systems. Talk about cutting yer own scrotom off edge.
thanx,
bill
Chuck Palahniuk
New doh!
Whilt 7.0 != 7.1, I've installed 7.0 off the CD's a few times in the past couple of months, and I've never had to touch disks 3 or 4. Someone has said they're documentation; I've never bothered to look.

I'd hate to think that you wasted a couple of CD's plus ~6 hours of downloading time on something you'll never use.
-YendorMike

In order to understand recursion, one must understand recursion.
New Re: doh!
You could be right about the 2 CDs. I haven't used them yet either. One is called SRPMS and the other Powertools. So they are "extra". It's only a buck for the blanks.

The downloads were done in parallel, overnight, using only a fraction of the potential bandwidth.
Alex

Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not certain about the universe.
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
     looking for a gpl'ed Xwindows client for W2k - (boxley) - (9)
         Can use xwin32 - (bepatient) - (1)
             no eval software unless removed in 30 days -NT - (boxley)
         Cygwin/XFree86 - (altmann) - (6)
             Ooooooh...!! - (static)
             started to download it - (boxley) - (4)
                 Wimp! -- :) - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                     I remember as a newbie uucp user - (boxley)
                     doh! - (Yendor) - (1)
                         Re: doh! - (a6l6e6x)

Deep down facial creases!
113 ms