IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Meet the new Pope.. same as the old
http://www.latimes.c...6,0,7134312.story

[. . .]

The Vatican said in a statement Monday that Francis had reaffirmed the doctrinal evaluation and criticism of U.S. nuns made last year by the Holy See under his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI. The assessment accused the Leadership Conference of Women Religious, an organization that represents most U.S. female Catholic orders, of promoting "radical feminist themes" and ignoring the Vatican's hard line on same-sex marriage and abortion.

At the time, the Vatican dispatched an archbishop to rewrite the group's statutes and set up reeducation programs to bring nuns back into line, alleging that leaders of U.S. orders had challenged the church's teachings on women's ordination and ministry to homosexuals.

The move was denounced by Pat Farrell, then the head of the organization, as creating "pain and scandal." Protest vigils were held outside churches, and a petition attacking the Vatican's decision attracted 50,000 signatures.

The Leadership Conference of Women Religious represents about 57,000 sisters, or 80% of U.S. nuns.

[. . .]

Kenneth Briggs, the author of a book about the Vatican's clash with U.S. nuns, said Francis' backing of the Holy See's unyielding line was "a major blow" to prospects for more dialogue.

"It seems like the Vatican has put a more appealing salesman in charge of the same old product," Briggs said.

[. . .]

..Nothing to see here in the See, since the Inquisition; it's like a 2013 copy of Human Events (the Bircher bible)--all copied from the 1950 stuff==My Gramma redux.

Ed: recursively-programmed LRPD sez:
Our Internal Subterfuge is up 80%! Good Job, way to go!
..you sly Perl-Monks. :-0
Yer not pitchin to Just Anyone's Fool: I am a Licensed Driver!

Law above fear, justice above law, mercy above justice, love above all.
(Popes don't Get This ... At All; severed Left/Right brains, I guess.)
Expand Edited by Ashton April 18, 2013, 01:42:16 PM EDT
New But the Pope would wash the nuns feet if they were jailed.
Perhaps it's a fetish.
Alex
New wonder if he hangs out with rex ryan in the off season
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     Meet the new Pope.. same as the old - (Ashton) - (2)
         But the Pope would wash the nuns feet if they were jailed. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             wonder if he hangs out with rex ryan in the off season -NT - (boxley)

But Einstein ain't so cheap to buy off...
44 ms