IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Windows version equally impressive
Agree on all points, plus:

• They got rid of that annoying MDI interface--it's all separate modules, now.

• The Writer opened a brochure I had written in Word without a single correction needed. Other free suites (ThinkFree, etc) don't even come close on tables and styles. Not to mention that even Word itself couldn't open the document without munging the tables and switching one of the display fonts to Courier!

• Draw--this is my new migration path to get rid of MS Office; I'm giving it to the Field Team for house plan diagrams, etc. Funny how Writer, Calc, etc, come along with it free of charge. :)

Way to go OpenOffice!
---------------------------------
Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
New Thanks for That tip!
Passing this-all along. Could this *finally* begin to pound that stake into the Heart of the M$ cashcow ??

I need no 'office suite' personally, but I guess duty requires that I play with this one - eventually to wean the local non-profit from further truck with Evil.

Please let us know if.. you actually do succeed in replacing Orifice on all / most machines (?)

Gracias,

Ashton
who begins to believe that there may actually be a Debbil! -- not with horns, but Ego run amok: Ugly. :(
New It sounds like it might actually be useful now.
* They got rid of that annoying MDI interface--it's all separate modules, now.

That's what annoyed me most about StarOffice when I played with it on OS/2 years ago. It's good to see that that's finally gone.

I notice on the porting page that a MacOS X port is underway, and a couple of fellows are working on an OS/2 port. If Apple has any sense they'll strongly support work on the MacOS port...

I hope the project has some legs. It would be great to get away from having to use MS Office.

<... should I finally get a laptop Mac capable of running OS X?...>

Cheers,
Scott.
New OO on Mac OS
I can't remember where I saw it, unfortunately, but I stumbled across a screenshot of OpenOffice showing Taiwanese fonts running under what looked like OS X. :-) It was only two or three days ago.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New I read about this
They managed a successful build of 638, I believe. It runs on OS X, but only under X Windows.

However, with this start they may be able to come up with a build that runs natively under Aqua. I'm very much looking forward to this, as I've used OO on Linux and it's pretty nice.

Tom Sinclair
"Subverting Young Minds Since 03/13/2000"
     OpenOffice 1.0 - (imric) - (18)
         English only, for now. - (orion)
         Got it here. - (kmself) - (15)
             I wasn't impressed the last time I looked - (imric) - (2)
                 I think Slashdot has a list of mirrors.... -NT - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                     Mirrors listed at OO.org - (kmself)
             Print as PDF - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                 Navigation - (kmself) - (1)
                     Nope. - (inthane-chan)
                 Print as PDF in Win32 Solution err workaround - (folkert) - (3)
                     Gross, dude. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         YEah... Yeah... tis not optimal - (folkert)
                     Or use Redmon and keep it local - (altmann)
             Windows version equally impressive - (tseliot) - (4)
                 Thanks for That tip! - (Ashton)
                 It sounds like it might actually be useful now. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     OO on Mac OS - (static) - (1)
                         I read about this - (tjsinclair)
         Holy interference... - (scoenye)

YOU DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THE *real* KNOPPIX INTERPRETER
57 ms