Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Will not matter unless we strike 1st
Soul is range of the 1st bombardment.

They can wipe it out on the 1st salvo.

New not really, worse scenario
http://www.iiss.org/...ance-on-the-kore/
Nonetheless, despite shortages of spare parts, fuel and training time, North Korea’s conventional capabilities pose a significant threat to allied forces and South Korea’s population. For example, North Korea’s artillery capability does not require sophisticated tactics nor modes of operation to pose a threat to Seoul. In any conflict, North Korean artillery, firing from fortified positions near the DMZ, could initially deliver a heavy bombardment on the South Korean capital. Allied counter-battery fire and air strikes would eventually reduce North Korea’s artillery capability, but not before significant damage and high casualties had been inflicted on Seoul. Similarly, the North Korean air force could launch surprise attacks against military and civilian targets throughout South Korea before allied air superiority was established. The potential delivery of chemical or biological weapons by artillery, short-range missiles and aerial bombs is an additional threat – especially to unprotected civilians.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Pearl Harbor, Mk II
At what point does a preemptive attack start seeming like a good idea?
--

Drew
New for them or us?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Never?
Once it's taken, any chance of moral superiority is forfeit. Look at the quagmire Iraq turned into.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New I meant them
--

Drew
New Yep...
Look at the quagmire WWII turned into for the Japanese and Germany.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Re: Yep...
When, since the industrial revolution kicked in, has a country started a war and won? The U.S. in Grenada was more of a mugging than a war. Was Iraq (either time) a win? Doesn't look like it to me. Germany, second time around did better than Iraq though, and they didn't exactly win either.
Aggressors don't seem to win big anymore. I could be wrong...
New Marlowe? That you?
New :-) !!!
Except he would take the other side of it.
Alex
New I suspect his embarassment
is what's keeping him away from this place.

I for one would mock him mercilessly for his certainty in the bullshit ice cream he ate with a big fat smile on his face.

Jingoistic asshole that he was.
New Well of course he was, to you
Your just some damn furriner.
New AS's link contains things that seem to contradict that
Only a fraction of NK's artillery is within range - the missiles and 170mm guns, and even then, they can only reach the outskirts.

I read elsewhere on the interwebs (so it's obviously completely true) that the failure rate of NK munitions is 25%.

After all, when the Dear Leader comes round to your factory and asks you whether all your rockets work, do you:

(a) Say "Yes! Thanks to your insightful leadership and guidance, we have completely eliminated errors in our enlightened manufacturing processes!", and then amend the paperwork accordingly, shipping everything in the quota to the army as required, being careful to put your rival (at the other factory)'s name on the dispatch note

(b) Say "No! Our slave-based factories inevitably produce a load of old shite, so we must throw away a quarter of everything we make. Under arrest, you say? Off to the re-education camp, along with my entire family, you say?"
     here we go - (boxley) - (21)
         It's not a matter of if but when there is war again on the - (pwhysall) - (18)
             Also - (pwhysall) - (16)
                 Things change when you're fighting for your land. - (Another Scott)
                 dunno, that line would be vimy ridge for a long time - (boxley) - (14)
                     But you forget... - (folkert) - (13)
                         Will not matter unless we strike 1st - (crazy) - (12)
                             not really, worse scenario - (boxley) - (10)
                                 Pearl Harbor, Mk II - (drook) - (9)
                                     for them or us? -NT - (boxley)
                                     Never? - (mvitale) - (7)
                                         I meant them -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                             Yep... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                 Re: Yep... - (hnick)
                                         Marlowe? That you? -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                             :-) !!! - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                 I suspect his embarassment - (jake123) - (1)
                                                     Well of course he was, to you - (crazy)
                             AS's link contains things that seem to contradict that - (pwhysall)
             Dunno. - (Another Scott)
         Maybe not. - (Another Scott)
         Humans.. attention-span of a gnat (and brains of lemmings.) -NT - (Ashton)