IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Brad DeLong on David Graeber's "Debt".
http://delong.typepa...ols-day-post.html

And a light bulb went on in my head.

I spent an hour thumbing through chapter 12 of Debt, noting Graeber's factual and analytical howlers, and setting up a Sub-Turing Evocation of myself on http://futuretweet.com. The Evocation would, every couple of days, automatically send out a tweet or two about something wrong with Graeber's chapter 12.

Some epic, yet factual, trolling that really got under Graeber's skin. Well done.

Read the whole thing.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Oh so the feds have some really smart people in charge
Of the regional Reserves. Good to know. Herman Cain was one of them. Wait, one of those statements is wrong.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Proves his point, thanks.
Reread Brad's comment again:

For one thing, Graeber thinks that the participants in the meetings of the Federal Reserve's decision-making body--the Federal Open Market Committee--are eighteen private bankers and one person, the Chair, appointed by the President. In actual fact the participants in FOMC meetings consist of (a) the seven Governors of the Federal Reserve (of whom one is Chair) all of whom are appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, and (b) the twelve heads of the regional Federal Reserve Banks, all of whom must be approved by a majority vote of the Governors and who are not private bankers seeking profits but rather heads of government-sponsored enterprises that do not view maximizing their bottom lines as their goals. Rather than one out of nineteen, all nineteen FOMC participants are either chosen by the President (with the advice and consent of the Senate) or by the President's appointees. Graeber does not get it right.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Brad DeLong on David Graeber's "Debt". - (Another Scott) - (2)
         Oh so the feds have some really smart people in charge - (boxley) - (1)
             Proves his point, thanks. - (Another Scott)

DUUude...
29 ms