IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Amazing review of Canon 6D at Amazon.
An extremely informative review of the Canon 6D full-frame sensor DSLR camera, with lots of good information on pluses and minuses compared to other Canon cameras and the Nikon D600.

http://www.amazon.co...pnt#RK1QX7TJ0499O

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Amazing review of Canon 6D at Amazon.
Yup, the 6d is likely to be my next.

In a couple of years, that is.
New Being able to take pictures indoors without flash is nice.
It does look like a sweet camera and a good compromise. But someone in one of the replies brings up the point that the D6-MkII may well fix some of its shortcomings. It's like in the PC world - you'll always get better stuff if you can wait.

I've started looking at cameras again because we've got a vacation planned to Yellowstone and Grand Teton and my SX10IS is great for zooming but not much else...

But man, do I really want to spend $2-3k+ on a camera and lenses now?!? Probably not. Maybe a used 5D (Mark I) with a decent L lens or two... Decisions decisions.

It's nice to dream though.

Cheers,
Scott.
New There's a sharesave scheme at work
£75/mo, comes up in three years.

It'll buy an an FF camera of some description, and and the glass I need.
New Good luck on the 5D
I was hoping to find one at a decent price when the Mk II was introduced but the Mk I disappeared out of the channel overnight and the Mk II's price was so high, used Mk I's were selling above the original MSRP. And Canon pretty much just repeated this with the Mk III.
New Thanks.
B&H has one for $750 and it looks like one can get them for that much or less on eBay.

I'll probably just keep looking for a while, but it is tempting. Especially seeing the $8+k packages with the MkIII!

:-(

Cheers,
Scott.
New Still looking. I may decide on a G1X.
There are some amazingly good shots with a G1X on Amazon's web page - http://www.amazon.co...le/dp/B006UMM2BW/

I really can't justify spending $2k+ for a new camera and lenses now. The G1X seems to be able to do nicely with limiting the depth of field and having a compact package is nice too.

At $550 or so at Amazon or B&H (at least through April 27), it's very very tempting...

Of course, it's likely the end of the line for the G-series cameras now that they've got a mirrorless one (EOS-M) out. But the M doesn't seem to offer any benefits (since I don't have any AF lenses and the existing M lenses aren't great).

Cheers,
Scott.
     Amazing review of Canon 6D at Amazon. - (Another Scott) - (6)
         Re: Amazing review of Canon 6D at Amazon. - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Being able to take pictures indoors without flash is nice. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 There's a sharesave scheme at work - (pwhysall)
                 Good luck on the 5D - (scoenye) - (2)
                     Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Still looking. I may decide on a G1X. - (Another Scott)

tar: Premature end of archive
50 ms