IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't think I've ever said it was wonderful.
What I did say was that it is a Movie that should move you in ways most other movies don't. Its well produced and well directed... many thing about the movie left in even though some scenes (according to critics) were very droll or needed a kick.

Sort of like the Fifth Element. It is by no means a great movie. It is a movie that tells a story like no other and does it in a nearly believable and creative way.

Or like Minority Report, also not a great movie, but I watch it none the less for similar reasons.

Heck, Hunt for Red October is a great movie, but not because Sean Connery is in it. It has a great story to tell and its well produced and directed.

Now, the Shawshank Redemption, that is a great movie.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Expand Edited by folkert March 26, 2013, 09:42:14 AM EDT
New oh, damned with faint praise on that 5th element
Yeah, requires some serious suspension of disbelief (man, the story line is STUUUPID but incredibly entertaining). And for those of us who like to bend reality, a strong hit at the moment of the hand regeneration give a WILD ride. Lasts through the cab chase. And when that blue lady is singing, the worlds go flying. Sigh. Love that movie.

The 5th element IS wonderful. But you need a big screen in black room with an enveloping 7.1+sub woofer to really enjoy deeply.

Class by itself, but is in the genre.

Minority report is closer to Blade runner in the distopian future. I grant you that one. A bit preachy and predictable though.

Hunt for Red is in a different genre, does not fit in with the futuristic alternative intelligence scenarios you get in the others. Good flick, not the same underlying ongoing futuristic insanity though.

Again, Shawshank in a new category. And yes, a GREAT movie.
     Blade Runner - notes - (Another Scott) - (8)
         Once you see it... - (folkert)
         Thought I was happily disconnected from a fair %zeitgeist.. - (Ashton) - (3)
             Thanks, both of you. I'll put it on the list. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Don't put it on the list - (jake123) - (1)
                     Plus it had a skinny E J Olmos - (Silverlock)
         Everyone else here thinks it was so wonderful - (crazy) - (2)
             I don't think I've ever said it was wonderful. - (folkert) - (1)
                 oh, damned with faint praise on that 5th element - (crazy)

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!
107 ms